Warranty not honoured

erin-schel
Community Member
I was told to send my product back and a new one would be sent if it could not be fixed. Now I've been asked for money for the replacement. It has a two year warranty:-/.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Warranty not honoured

Most warranties are from the manufacturer, not the retailer, although some retailers are big enough to handle repairs in-house (Sears for example).

But yes, the seller does have the right to ask that you pay for postage both ways for that repair or the replacement. It's a Standard Practice. Now, the Best Practice is not to annoy the already unhappy customer by asking for the shipping costs, but it is up to the seller.

Do you mean, the seller is keeping the broken item and charging you for a new one? That's ..... interesting.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

Yes, it wasn't shipping costs that were asked for, but a replacement for the control box that broke. I already paid sixty dollars to ship it back. Sob. I'm scared to send more money.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

This is what they state in listing

Second promise: we promise our item is high quality and warranty

We have seven professional technicans to check the quality of?all the items from our factory,and?each item will be rechecked?carefully before sent out to ensure our customers received great quality items!!?At the same time,all our item have?2 years free warranty,and life time after-sale service.?so there is no extra worries!!?

So ask the seller see what they say .... The other option is to if you shipped back and have tracking that shows they recieved you can open an item not as described or received to get the full purchase amount back but you then be out the $60 to Return...

Ebay holds all sellers accountable for what they write in there listings and this seller said 2 years which means 2 years 😉

Good luck

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

Ebay holds all sellers accountable for what they write in there listings and this seller said 2 years which means 2 years

I don't think that there is any way for ebay to make a seller accountable for a warranty outside of the usual claim time.

In another area of the listing it says that the free warranty is one year. 

erin - Did you receive something with the blanket specifying what the warranty covered? Some warranties only cover certain things.

The listing does state that there is a 60 day money back return...when did you purchase it?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

I will attach what came with the blanket. They are not answering my emails at all now.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

They are ignoring me now. I do have a tracking number so I will try what you suggest:)
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

Dont' bother with the seller any more. They are obviously not going to help you.

If more than 45 days have passed since the original purchase, Paypal will not be able to help you. Their deadline has passed.

Instead go to the credit card you actually paid with. PP is just a mediator. Phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

CCs have longer deadlines than PP, but they do have deadlines. Do not delay, act now.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Warranty not honoured

How much did this thing cost to begin with? Also you can still leave appropriate feedback for this seller.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply