Way to skip Paypal chrgeack how I, got screwed

ab-sol-canada
Community Member
I, bought a cell phone for US$250 from US seller , paid timely and didnt get any email, confirmation or shipping info after 15 days open dispute with paypal for chargeback guess what immidiatly got email from seller , he is so sorry was out of twon and could not answer or ship and says if I, still need phone just cancell dispute and he will ship same day thats where I, got trapped and cancell dispute since than again no shipment , no email and no responce from seller, contacted paypal they said I, cant reopen dispute or make another for same... contacted ebay they say contact paypal for resolution and agin to SQ1 .... similarly I, have 5 open cases with paypal which I, won and paypal could not recover my fund because their account wont have sufficient ... any advise????
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

muminlaw
Community Member
Did you use funds you had in your paypal account, or did you use a credit card? If you used a credit card, you can file a dispute with your credit card company - if you used funds from your account, I'm not sure what you can do.

You can pull the seller's contact info and phone him. When you know what city he lives in, you can write to the police department and Better Business Bureau in that city detailing the complaint and asking for the procedure to file fraud charges (and be sure to send the seller a copy of that letter!)

I hope someone else will have some more ideas for you!
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can also file a complaint with the FBI:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

To better your chances of getting the phone and/or your $250 back, send an e-mail to the seller saying you are giving him 48 hours to remedy the situation or you will contact the FBI, and his state's Attorney General's office and the only thing that will stop you is a refund or a tracking number showing that your item is in transit.

I have also heard of some buyers filing reports with crooked seller's local Sheriff's department so that too is a possible avenue of complaint. Just make sure you send a copy of all correspondence between you and the seller. The more material you produce, the more serious the law enforcement agencies will take your complaint.

Basically it would be good to make so much noise that the seller will be motivated to clear the matter up as quickly as possible just to make you go away.

Good luck,
Ernie.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ab-sol-canada
Community Member
You guys are awesome... will update with adventure
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

profsportsfishing
Community Member
SENT THE BILL TO THE CREDIT BUREAU WITH NICE NAME ON IT.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

*dogdayz*ca
Community Member
I had the same thing last year with a sellar. I told them that because I used a credit card it was considered Internation Fraud under 500.00 and Visa would prosecute. Of course, this was a risk but I did get my money back - FAST!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply