We have recently started our eBay store and are looking for ways to increase traffic.

Spoiler
We are a dating couple that have recently started our own eBay store.  We are eager to get started and are looking for ways that others have found success generating traffic to their sites. Does anyone have any suggestions that they wouldn't mind sharing?  Do you know how to start an eBay store blog?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

We have recently started our eBay store and are looking for ways to increase traffic.

First thing to do is to make sure your items are priced competitively.

Take a look at:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mrs+claus+costume&_sop=15

Then remove "The seller will not accept returns for this item." from your listings.  Most potential buyers will hit the back button.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I think your listings look quite good.  Some suggestions:  you have 12 photos free - use them.  Take lots of shots from different angles, crop your photos so they fill the photo box, zoom in on particulars.

One of your description lines is indented: "Note the measurements provided" - sorry, these things jump out at me!! 

Also, watch your sentence construction, eg

"A bit of natural wear on the hems and the style of jean has some wear around pockets."  - I'm not sure if you mean that there is wear, or that the jeans are styled like that.  If it's a bit of both, separate your comments into 2 sentences.  Be very specific.

Be careful what you say - don't appear to apologize or justify your charges, eg

*US buyers, please know that we are located in Canada, and ship via Canada Post Corporation, as you can see by the pricing, it is more expensive than that of the USPS which is not available to us. We ship all packages with tracking numbers for your protection, as well as our own. We would like to get your packages to you in a secure and timely manner but have no alternative when it comes to shipping methods and costs are non negotiable…thank you*

I would omit this.  If you think that the shipping cost will put off many buyers, hide some of it in your starting price.  Set up "cookie jar insurance" and ship lighter items by Light Packet Air or Small Packet Air.  Most mail gets delivered.  Out of 936 transactions world-wide, I have had 1 claim of non-receipt, and I actually doubt that that one was valid, since that particular transaction seemed doomed from the start.  I rarely use tracking unless the weight of the parcel requires it.

You seem to be off to a good start - Good luck!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you think that the shipping cost will put off many buyers, hide some of it in your starting price.

I notice you are already doing this, unless you think you can ship for that price. My research shows that Tracked Packet USA for only a kilo is already $18.07CDN.  Do you have a scale that weighs up to 10 kilos? If you are selling jeans and other clothing, you will need it.

You can ship in poly envelopes which are almost indestructible and weigh nothing. ULine sells them, although I buy mine on eBay, usually from China. Delivery is fast.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply