Weekly Chat

Can someone tell me how the weekly chat works?  I can't reply to that board, looks like it's time-limited.  

I surmise it's held weekly on Wednesdays but can't tell if it's EST or PST.  Does everyone just type madly or is there a conference call?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Weekly Chat

Most Wednesdays a new thread is opened (sometimes not) for posters around mid-day Eastern time. The current eBay staffer currently in charge usually lets the thread run until the next day.

He makes some attempt to deal with specific questions/problems either from his knowledge or by connecting to various departments that should know the answers.

Don't expect quickness.

Read some of the older threads to get a feel of how things go. Simple problems often get the best results, long rants about vague issues usually don't.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Weekly Chat

@luxe.labels wrote:

Can someone tell me how the weekly chat works?  I can't reply to that board, looks like it's time-limited.  

I surmise it's held weekly on Wednesdays but can't tell if it's EST or PST.  Does everyone just type madly or is there a conference call?

It used to only be for about an hr on WEDs but is being left "open" overnight and locked off the next morning, usually around 10 or 11.  It gives a 24 hr period so all shift workers can post a Q.  Like the poster above says try to compose a clear issue you need to mention or something you need answered.  Read over some past sessions to see what you can expect. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Weekly Chat

EBay Canada has half a dozen staffers in Toronto. So Eastern Time.

We hear from two of them in the chat.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Weekly Chat

Raphael will open the chat sometime around Noon CST (my time zone). Lately, he's been allowing the thread to stay active for about 24 hours, which is 23 hours longer than advertised. This lets people who may not have access to a desktop during the day to ask their questions and get answers. It also grants him extra time to respond.

He does his best to address any issues that are raised. The ebay Canada staff is not large compared to its American counterpart. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply