Well it's almost over .....

blackrocketgraphics
Community Member
The fee increases and slow spring sales have almost crippled my business. I'm barely braking even now and that seems to be pretty much pointless. Thanks Ebay for screwing up a good thing. X-(
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

llee2
Community Member
Don't forget the Paypal increases coming in August...

Sorry to add salt in the wound...

Lincoln
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Gee, I thought it was just me and Malcolm who were pessimists... at least that was the claim in another thread.

Chin up blackrocketgraphics.... you are among many!

Jeff
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

v.dumont
Community Member
eBay fees are HUGE. PayPal fees are OK for now.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Its also the scam artists that eBay permits to sell in direct competition charging nothing for the product and double or triple for shipping.

eBay is quickly changing and I cant believe how it has changed for the worse as a selling venue for me, not only as a result of increased fees but also the increase in scams being run by Buyers and Sellers.

Its not unlike our local police denying that crime has gone up when anyone living here can recite more recent incidents of crime, especially swarmings and violent crime than they ever could before.

if you keep denying the truth, maybe the truth wont hurt you? NOT!!!!

Malcolm
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
As long as its good for the buyers , (easy to sign up, easy to use) there will always be sellers to replace the ones that leave. Its becoming a buyers market.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Well, Malcolm and I should be losing PS status soon too. I'm just wondering why it hasn't occured yet? My numbers were lousy for all of Q1. Not one of those months saw as much as $1K in sales. This is the 5th month and I'm still here. Just like the 7000, or so, eBay stores that closed in the first month following the fee gouge, I'm wondering whether there's an imanent large PS dump looming?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Sold about $700 on eBay in January, nothing in February, nothing in March and about $700 in April , so far nothing in May and I am still a silver Power Seller.

The only thing I can figure out is that eBay is averaging in our December sales assuming that many people would loose PS status as a result of their fee increases or closing stores, bad marketing.

My December sales would keep me a silver PS for 5 months.

I would imagine that a drop of 30% or more of Power Sellers might look like we were leaving eBay as opposed to simply having bad sales because of all the changes that are hurting many of us.

In this way, there would be time for new Sellers to become Power Sellers to replace others, especially since the parameters have been lowered for the amount you need to make it to PS level and it doesnt matter if you are selling contraband items or not.

Malcolm
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
I have a friend who is a former Power Seller who quit selling last November -- completely. Her account still shows her as being a Power Seller. Shhhhhh..... 😉

Ernie.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
I removed my icon, and my business has all of the sudden picked up! Go figure. No biggie being a Powerseller.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply