Wells Fargo Canada

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
What out, someone is calling pretending to be from them. I already contacted Wells Fargo and they have stated that there is no Wells Fargo Canada. It is a scam for identity theft.

Ryan
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Wells Fargo Canada

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
Btw, they are getting the info from ebay (they probably win an auction to get it) as the info they had and my business name is only used on ebay.

Ryan
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
Btw, that was supposed to be "Watch Out".

Ryan
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

muminlaw
Community Member
Thanks for the "heads up" Ryan!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
I received this call yesterday at my office. A woman from "Wells Fargo" called and it sounded like a call center in the background (boiler room). Sounded legit but what a hard sell. Sheesh. I explained 3 times that I did not need a line of credit. I finally hung up on her mid sentance no kidding! They are trained not to let you get off the phone and keep trying to answer objections.

In hindsite I wished I had told her I'll be in Jail for the next 6-8 years and I'm not certain of my exact mailing address starting next week.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I called Wells Fargo and they explained that this is a scam for identity theft.
Ryan
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

shooger
Community Member
I tell anyone who calls me uninvited that I don't do any kind of purchasing over the phone, and that if I need something from them, I'll let them know. If they keep at it, I hang up on them.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

elvishmerchant
Community Member
I got a similar call about a month ago from someone claiming to be from a Canadian Bank (I didn't hear which bank it was). He offered me a pre-approved credit card over the phone, he just needed to get my information (SIN, etc.). That's when I realised, who the hell would offer me a pre-approved card over the phone, and if they pre-approved it, don't they have my information already. I'm pretty good at spotting scams, but this one will catch a lot of people that are in need of credit cards.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

hugelyimpressive
Community Member
Yeah, but the kind of people who need credit cards are not the best targets for ID thieves.

Ashley

PS I don't buy anything unsolicited, ever. Think of all those trees they could save if everybody was the same.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Wells Fargo Canada

mahsauction
Community Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to let the wife know as well just in case she gets the gears from one of these crooks.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply