What Can I do to end a Dispute?

bare_bright
Community Member
OK I have had this real Pain in the AS? Buyer That opened a Paypal dispute for item not received

as we all know or most of us Know that Paypal Holds the Funds.

Now this Turkey emails me saying he got his item and has not closed the dispute hence my money is still tied up.

I asked him twice in the past 2 days to Kindly close the dispute so I can get paid.

He don't care lol

My question now is what do i do to close it? Do I escalate it as a seller and will it give me a option that the buyer has indeed received the item and the Tracking number also shows so, seems he thinks it's a joke

Some advise Please 🙂

Thank-you

Happy Holidays to all except That buyer lol

Tibor
T.J.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Tibor:

I would escalate the dispute, and then bombard paypal with every bit of information pertaining to your case.

I had a dispute which was a charge back (alittle different), I bombarded paypal for 2 weeks with every bit of information I could dig up from the emails sent to me, to other sellers who were scammed by this seller. I lost the initial case and the funds were given back to the credit card company, but later I noticed that the dispute was back in the picture, when I asked paypal what was going on, they said they had enough information to go after the credit card company and was reopening the case on my behalf.

Needless to say I had received the item back (after 2 months) and paypal had to close the case. IMAGINE!

If you send paypal every email between you and the buyer, especially times and dates. Start at the beginning and give them a time line. Paypal and eBay do listen.

Let them know how many attempts you have made to close the dispute.

Every bit of information helps.

Also: I phoned paypals 1-800 number and talked to an associate to get advice on any disputes that need to be solved. To get paypals number (google paypal 1-800 and the number comes up)

Sorry for the rambling, but I have dealt with several disputes and the outcome has been to my satisfaction, well except for the one above ( but it would have been interesting to see the outcome if I have not received the product back)

Hope that helps :-x

Loré
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Thank's Lore'

OK then I'll dig up all the emails and the headers from them, I will also send him one more request tomorrow

and if he still thinks it a joke I will follow your advise , Thanks again 🙂
T.J.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

indiej12
Community Member
If he/she thinks you are joking and it starts to get out of hand you should document all communication with the buyer and show it to paypal and Ebay. Then we can see if he/she thinks it's funny when Paypal or Ebay mention how policy abuse is a serious matter. I would also recommend blocking the buyer now from future auctions to prevent retaliation.
regards
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
well after I sent him a email stating that I will report him he was fast at closing the dispute

Now I am waiting to deal with his feedback

Imagine so many People who don't sell online always say

wow it so easy to sell online, ya till the stress gets to you, I must say I need a break from this, to much lately "DID YOU SHIP MY ITEM" and that's after they got 2 emails saying so, another good one is Can I have The Tracking number please, Ya right for a 10$ Buckle with free Shipping I will send it with a tracking number yet

anywaz, Have a Happy new year

Tibor
T.J.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yeah. I find I have to take a few breaks each year. It's usually those types of situations that put me over the edge. I don't find it easy at all to sell on ebay. I put at least 60 hours in a week and make very little profit for all my efforts. The only reason I am sticking with it for now is that I still have one child that's not in school yet so even though I'm putting in riculous hours at least I'm here with her and not spending 40+ hours working plus 10+ hours in traffic a week...plus I take it really slow in the summer and don't auction at all so I get to spend some great quality time with my 3 kids...but the rest of the year I straddle the line of burning out. In my case, I know it's because I'm selling small ticket items and would probably fare far better selling something else---but I still haven't found out what yet. And to be honest I don't think I want to. My love affair with eBay ended a long time ago and I plan to move onto something else in about 18 months. In the meantime I'm still doing my thing though.

Happy New Year!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Your Right, Enjoy theses years with your Kids while there still young, believe me they are the best years!

Time goes by so quickly and you will be asking yourself Man where did the years go and it's much better to not have to many regrets like not taking the precious time with them

It's to bad so many People don't have the Luxury to take the time since in many cases they really don't have a choice in this rat race with live in

I remember when my kids were still in Diapers and I was working 3 Jobs to pay the bills and I did not let my Wife go to work since I knew it was better for the kids to have a Mom at home with them instead of putting them in a daycare cage.

Happy New year
T.J.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Escalate the dispute, submit the emails when they ask for more info.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Problem solved, Once I told him I will escalate the dispute it didn't take 5 minutes till he closed it, some people out there

Thanks all for helping
T.J.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Oh, I lost track of your Compact 8... did you sell it ?
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
yea its sold! I got over 2000 CAD for it and he will pick it up
T.J.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Cool... now find me a Compact 5 😜
Message 12 of 12