What I purchased today seller says it is out of stock

froya1031
Community Member

I purchased a bag today from a seller, and he sent me this message :

Hello,
Thank you so much for your purchasing.
But just want to let you know this bag
111110554671 Classic Vintage Real Leather Lady Boy Coffee Backpack Shoulder Bag Satchel Purse is out off stock now, I will ask our factory remake the bag for you, it needs 10-15 days to remake it. Then ship to you when we can get it in new same stock.
Could you wait 10-15 days?
If you can't wait, we will refund the full money back to you.
Looking forward to your prompt reply.
Best Regards,

There is at the moment showing that seller still has 10 bags available for sale. Is this normal...do I wait, or get my money back.

I am new at this, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I guess the seller is using dropshipping and his supplier is out of stock...

Since you only have a 45 days delay for a non-received item dispute, request a refund and if you still want it, wait for the 15 days, ask the seller if it's ready to ship, and buy it again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I would ask for a refund and if you don't get your refund within a few days open an "Item Not Received Dispute"

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

(1)  They should not be advertising stuff they don't have in stock.

(2)  They shouldn't be calling something vintage if it is brand new.

(3)  Coming from China it is probably an inferior quality knock off.

Do not close your dispute for any reason other than receiving your item or a refund.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Since the seller is dropshipping from China, there will be other sellers with the same item, but if the factory is out of stock none of them will have it either.

The same bag (same photos, same description) may have several prices and shipping fees, depending on the seller's business plan.

Ask for your money back, and use the Dispute if necessary.  But shop around, you may find the same item at a better price, in a couple of weeks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

froya1031
Community Member
Thank you all so much for your advice. I requested a refund from seller who wrote me back that he had the same bag available just a tiny bit larger. He offered that to me for the same price, so that is what I decided to get.
He seemed to want to be very accommodating, and communicating with me so I decided to try it.

Thanks again 🙂
Message 5 of 5
latest reply