What do I do if a seller threatens me if I will not leave positive feedback for an undelivered item?

I ordered a bracelet on the 17th of December.

It should have been here by now, so I contacted the seller.

They just replied to me and said that my package ended up not being sent til almost TWO WEEKS later.

And told me that if I do not leave positive feedback that they will open a "1-4DSR eBay case" against me.

I have not even received the item!

Also.. this is the same person that when I paid for the item, they sent me a message and asked me to leave feedback right away, without receiving the item at time of payment...

I am sorry but, I refuse to leave feedback for something I have not received...

And are they allowed to make threats?

I have been a member of ebay since 2004. with NO issues.

Yes, the bracelet is not very expensive but, it was meant to be a birthday gift for my daughter, and now she will not have it..

It is also the point that.... well.. it's bad ebaying....

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What do I do if a seller threatens me if I will not leave positive feedback for an undelivered item?

You are right, you don't have to leave feedback until you're satisfied with your item.

"1-4DSR case" doesn't exist, you are free to leave the feedback you want, it only has to be factual and honest.

There are rules against feedback extortion, you may want to report this buyer : http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Don't forget the 45 days limit for opening a "non recieved item" case with Paypal, and you have 60 days to leave evaluation.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sometimes people are self-employed because they are unemployable.

You've just met one of those.

Feedback is voluntary. Only about 70% of members leave feedback. I suspect the majority of those are sellers, since feedback for buyers is just egoboo. Sellers can only leave positive comments.

Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) do not apply to buyers. A normal transaction gets a Five Star Rating. The lowest Rating is ONE star. Sellers who drop below 4.3 ratings have their ability to list and sell severely restricted.

This seller fully deserves a ONE for Communication and a ONE for Shipping Time.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Shipped 2 weeks after payment. Threatened me with low DSRs?" seems adequate.

Put the member on your Blocked Bidder List. Even if you are not selling, this will also Block further emails from him.  This is found on the Site Map under Manage Bidders about halfway down the centre column.

And yes, Report him to eBay. It may not be the only Report they receive.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Don't neglect to open an  "Item Not Received Dispute"  and escalate it to a claim as soon as the system will allow.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

And after you receive either a refund or the item don't forget to leave the seller the feedback they deserve!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply