What do you do when the winning bidder doesn't pay and doesn't respond to your email?

Hello,

I am getting fed up with people bidding on my items up to like, $100, then not paying and not responding to my emails.

What can I do to prevent people from doing this entirely? Opening a non-paying bidder case appears to have no effect.

I look at the person's feedbacks and they are still the same. This has happened 5 times and I've only bought or sold

300 items. It must be worse for sellers who have thousands. What do you guys do? Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What do you do when the winning bidder doesn't pay and doesn't respond to your email?

Not much you can do except to file as Unpaid Item. Maybe you could try listing as fixed price with immediate payment required? Do you state how many days to pay in your listings?
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Yes the feedback is the same, but what you don't see is that those deadbeats got a Strike against their accounts. One of these is not a problem for them, two and thousands upon thousands of sellers have an automatic Block against their bids.  "Too Many" and they are Not A Registered User.

Go to your Seller Preferences and set up the Block on Bidders with UID Strikes.

There are other blocks available. I'd suggest blocking bidders with no active Paypal account, since you seem to be selling to resellers and a real business would have PP enabled.

I'd strongly suggest that you drop the Auctions and go instead to Fixed Price listings with Immediate Payment Required. However, if you are convinced that selling by auction is the best business plan, RAISE YOUR OPENING PRICE.

The bottomfeeders who will bid on a dollar opening are not the kind of bidder who is interested in a grownup responsible transaction. Start your bidding at say $25 or $75 if you hope to get that $100 and the quality of your bidders will probably rise.

At a buck, I'd be suspecting that there is something badly wrong with the items. That's not a reflection on your or on your product, but on your business plan.

This one (low opening bid and non-paying bidders) is not working for you.

Or you can look at it as : in 62 sales you have less than 10% deadbeats. That's not great, but those who do pay seem to be happy enough with your service and product. Not every transaction will go perfectly. Such is life.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply