What have you tried and how to you feel about all marketplace sites you have tried

First I am in noway on here to Enabling, encouraging, or instructing anyone to go anywhere or do anything ..

I want to know what your experience has been here and elsewhere ...

I found Sales on Amazon exceeded my sales anywhere but I sell movies

I have tried ebid and it was a major flop but seeing as how I am a lifetime member I am going to repost all my goods and leave them there in hope that many other will and maybe one day I will make more then 1 sale a year on there ...

For me ebay has been the overall best route but was wondering what others experiences were ...

When posting please do not promote anything I am just looking for experiences by others  as I do not want this thread taken down

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What have you tried and how to you feel about all marketplace sites you have tried

For me, there is nothing else.

I am considering trying Amazon, but, with what I sell I need to open a store at $40 per month right off. I cannot list car parts w/o a store. Rules, regs, and fees at Amazon, are well, pardon the pun, a jungle.

I have found no other site that even comes remotely close to worthless.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Slow sales on eCr@ter but it's a great place to store listings, easy to use and no ridiculous rules like some places I know. Free to list and low FVF  - not on shipping either. Looking at Bon@nza.

eBay just keeps making it harder and harder for the smaller seller. Used to be fun. Now it's a headache.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Etsy is very restrictive about my vintage books.

Bonanza is easy and free to list, hard to navigate and once listed there is no movement. (So the first item you listed remains the first item buyers see in your 'store'.) It is also difficult to navigate --even harder to find out how to change things than eBay. Oh and no sales, I spent more time manually removing eBay sales from there than I ever sold.

eCrater- Easy to transfer eBay listings there. No sales.

IOffer- A cesspit of crooks, counterfeiters and scammers. No wonder there are no sales.

Ruby Lane- I haven't used them in a long time, but they are a good place to sell high end items. Listings are not free, but there are sales for the right kind of merchandise.

Delcampe- Italian auction site. In English and international. DH likes it a lot and does well there. Limited categories, mostly philatelic and numismatic.

Zillions of Stamps- You have to be a member of the American Philatelic Society. Very knowledgeable customers some with deep pockets.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I sell postage stamps and I utilize 3 online sites, eBay, and two others (one is the same as Reallynice mentioned ( but I thought they were Belgium based?))

The main reason I use 3 sites is to cover my bum in case anything ever stops/restricts me from selling on eBay. One should never have all ones eggs in one basket.

Having said this, I have to force myself to keep/maintain material on the other two sites because the next closest site in terms of sales is 10% of eBay sales (ie my eBay sales are at least 10 times the next closer site's results).

This of course worries me, because if I ever do get zapped off here, I will have a big job building that sales volume on the other sites.

I've perused other different sites and so far haven't found any others that look to be of use in my stamp world......

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You are correct.  They are located in Soignies Belgium

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I sell mostly media (video games, books, movies, CDs, etc...), and I've more and more found myself listing new inventory on Amazon over eBay. I just find that even with the fees that Amazon takes, the items sell for consistently more on Amazon over eBay. And I can list something on there in less than a minute because you don't need to include any photos. I just sold a book yesterday on Amazon for $31 that I listed the day before. That same book sells for $5-10 on eBay, and infrequently at that. I've heard horror stories about returns and whatnot with Amazon, and apparently their seller protection is not at eBay levels, but luckily I haven't had to deal with that yet (knock on wood).

However, Amazon is only really good for things with barcodes. Anything else needs to go up on eBay, so I still have a backlog of stuff to list on eBay. I really need to get on top of my listings.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply