What is the procedure if the item I bought turns out to be fake?

flash_jord
Community Member

I recently bought, what I thought, was a Givenchy T-shirt, turns out to be a fake. When I Confronted the seller, they advised they were unsure of the legitimicy of the item and offered me $50 back. I paid $112 for the T-shirt and $50 in shipping.....anyone got any suggestions what I should do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The official procedure is to return the item at your own expense for a full refund.  How do you know for sure it is fake?  You may be required to offer proof of this, - the reason is to keep people from saying things are fake when they've merely changed their mind. 

Returned items are to be sent back with Delivery Confirmation, which can be a bit costly, but you say the seller seems reasonable and accommodating so there's a good chance the seller will reimburse not only your original payment but the return shipping fee as well.  If you wish to do that, you could let the seller know your intentions. 

The following link explains about  Items Not as Described, - see Section 4:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Sellers are not allowed to say that they're not sure about an item's authenticity. The seller should have offered you a full refund,not just $50.00. If the seller won't voluntarily cooperate by issuing you a full refund,open the item not as described dispute as mentioned by dmil. This will get you a refund without the sellers cooperation,if necessary.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Whether the seller knew the item was fake or not, you bought what you thought was an authentic item. Since it wasn't, file a dispute if the seller refuses to offer a full refund upon return of the Tshirt.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply