What's up with this new Global Shipping Program? We pay enough in shipping without this added expense.

Doesn't E-Bay make enough money without coming up with a new way to take money out of our pockets. Maybe they don't want international customers to buy on E-Bay. If so, this will do it!!! I will not purchase from sellers who are enrolled in this program. Shipping costs are high enough without this added expense.  All listings state any customs or duty fees are the responsibility of the purchaser. We don't need to pay for brokers fees and duty which in all likelihood, would not be charged by our destination's customs. Just another way for E-Bay to take more money from their customers.

E-BAY - ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?!?!?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What's up with this new Global Shipping Program? We pay enough in shipping without this added expense.

You should let ebay know directly that you will not purchase from seller enrolled in global shipping.

You're not the first nor the last buyer to complain about the program. If enough buyers refuse to buy from sellers who use the program, perhaps less sellers will use.

Better yet, tell the sellers directly. Let them know that because the are using global shipping, you will not buy from them.

By the way, if a seller who is not enrolled in global shipping and uses UPS or FedEx, you will be paying brokerage fees. It's the nature of the beast.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

1968markc
Community Member

This system sucks. 

It charges taxes and duties even on lower cost goods that in 99% of cases would come through duty and tax free.  So in the end the purchase costs me more.

I don't buy from sellers who use the system.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply