What should I do when a seller does not refund my money after getting his item back?

Seller promised to refund, so I sent the item back with tracking numbers.

Is there still nothing I could do when the seller ignores my messsages after he gets the item back?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello 'dirtytalker', When did you buy it?  Has it been mo...

Hello 'dirtytalker',

When did you buy it?  Has it been more than 45 days since you bought it?

Have you given the seller a reasonable length of time to respond?

If it has been less than 45 days since the listing ended, you will want to open a claim.

You have doubtless seen the following link that explains the Timelines for doing this:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

As long as the tracking number ('officially' for claims purposes it is known as the

Delivery Confirmation number) shows the item has been "Delivered", you simply enter

the number into your claim and paypal will refund you.

If, however, it has been more than 45 days since you bought it, the seller will know you

can now do nothing through the Resolution Center.  Ebay/paypal will not help you at all

after day 45.

Your only hope then would be if you used a credit card to pay for the item, at which point

you call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback. 

If this is an option, you will want to have all the transaction details in front of you when you

call (ebay/paypal receipts, your card statement with the transaction on it, the DC number...)

If the item shows "Delivered" and you have given the seller a few days to acknowledge your

messages, but you are being ignored, --  file your claim now and stop communicatiing with

the seller (it's obviously not doing any good).

And once you open a claim, never close it until you have your item or your money.  A closed

claim can never be reopened.

Good luck.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hello 'dirtytalker', When did you buy it?  Has it been mo...

Hello 'dirtytalker',

When did you buy it?  Has it been more than 45 days since you bought it?

Have you given the seller a reasonable length of time to respond?

If it has been less than 45 days since the listing ended, you will want to open a claim.

You have doubtless seen the following link that explains the Timelines for doing this:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

As long as the tracking number ('officially' for claims purposes it is known as the

Delivery Confirmation number) shows the item has been "Delivered", you simply enter

the number into your claim and paypal will refund you.

If, however, it has been more than 45 days since you bought it, the seller will know you

can now do nothing through the Resolution Center.  Ebay/paypal will not help you at all

after day 45.

Your only hope then would be if you used a credit card to pay for the item, at which point

you call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback. 

If this is an option, you will want to have all the transaction details in front of you when you

call (ebay/paypal receipts, your card statement with the transaction on it, the DC number...)

If the item shows "Delivered" and you have given the seller a few days to acknowledge your

messages, but you are being ignored, --  file your claim now and stop communicatiing with

the seller (it's obviously not doing any good).

And once you open a claim, never close it until you have your item or your money.  A closed

claim can never be reopened.

Good luck.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
latest reply