What should i do?

Not sure if this is the right place to post... but anyways recently i bought a item as a gift & after receiving it i noticed it was sub-par & thought this looks like a knock off, so i asked the seller & yeah they point blank said it was a knock off that's why it was cheap. Now this was one of those $100+ Anime figures that i saved $25 off normal price & now i know its fake what should i do? They are a seller with 10,000+ positive rating & are honest about selling fake goods & im not 100% but isn't that not allowed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What should i do?

It is not allowed. You need to claim the item was 'Seriously not as Described' through the ebay dispute process.

Even if the item had been advertised as fake in the original listing, that would have been an illicit sale as the sale of fakes is outlawed.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Seller is crazy -  a knock-off for ONLY $25.00 off original price!  and the fact that they admitted it makes me laugh - not at YOUR expense though!  There are knock offs on here, but ones I've seen you would definitely know because of the low, low price compared to originals.  Purses especially, you have to watch out for.  Yes, put in a claim immediately.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Open an item not as described dispute

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Thanks everyone for your input!  I wasn't sure what i should do as they are so high in good feedback like 99.6% good. But yes they openly admitted it was a knock off in a Ebay message after i asked. Im normally careful when buying cheap things but i thought $25 wasn't enough of a discount to be a fake more of a trying to get a quick sale.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Is that the seller who has talked 64 buyers into

revising their negative feedback in the last 12 months.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Im not sure but most likely they have had people fix there feedback, Just a update he wants me to ship the item back at my own cost for a refund but its a large item so it would be around $30 for me to ship back. Is that my only option? id being loosing out on say around 30% of my cash on the return.

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Own cost returns is the ebay way.

A good seller will fund a return, if any fault is theirs, and sometimes for no fault at all, but your seller seems otherwise inclined, as they are entitled to be..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What should i do?

Ok thanks =), It just bites as it will take a nice chuck outta the refund when retuning. But oh well.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply