What to do about seller harassment?

jets4life2013
Community Member

I had bought a cell phone on eBay from a seller on January 15.  When it was delivered, it was locked (advertised as unlocked), and the battery was tampered with.  I opened a dispute through PayPal, and was awarded 100% refund since the seller did not respond to the paypal complaint.  6 weeks later, the seller starts sending me private messages and emails, wanting his cell phone back.  

I returned his cell phone April 8, but the seller continues to harass me, even though I told him to not contact me again on the date of the return.  Since then, he has sent me 4 messages.  I contacted eBay by phone, and they told me they would solve this issue.  However, nothing has been done in almost a week.

The seller is claiming he went his cell phone dealer, and says the battery is fine.  I assume he is either lying, since he sold me an unlocked cell phone, when it was clearly locked, and did not respond to any PayPal messages to give his side off the story in February.  What should I do?  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller is unhappy with the negative....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Who paid for return shipping and what was the cost for the return?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ignore them, the file has been closed on your claim.

Seller had a chance to repond to your claim & according to your post, they did not respond.

Its over for them.

They are just perturbed you left them a negative.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

On your personal email, block the seller and do not bother to open any emails that happen to make it through.

I believe it is also possible to Block the seller in eBay messages.

Nothing forces you to open any email. Or letter. Or wait for the telemarketer to respond to your first "hello" (Say hello, count to three and then just hang up.) Or open the door to the canvasser. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply