What would you do?

mahsauction
Community Member
I have an Mexican buyer who won an auction back in mid-November. Requested shipping amount and I emailed him back. Never heard from the guy after that so I file NPB and FVF about 3 weeks later. I guess filing the FVF NARU'd the account.

A few days after filing, I get a Paypal payment from the guy and an email asking to be to have his account unlocked again.

So, what do I do, do I ship and file a FVF reversal or do I refund his money and leave it at that?

Some of my reasons for considering the refund:
1) Buyer bought the same item from someone else the next day after he won my item for $1.00US less.
2) I'm wondering if I do ship and file the FVF reversal, what's to stop him from doing a chargeback because of buyers remorse. I'm figuring he already got the other item from the other seller.
3) His FB is a perfect 51 but because I got him Naru'd its seems pretty obvious he has done this to other sellers.

My gut tells me to refund and move on.

Your words of wisdom is appreciated.

Terry
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What would you do?

itrecovery
Community Member
I would refund and block this person. There are this type of people on e-bay who careless until their account get suspended...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

treasure-pot
Community Member
I also think you should refund and block.

A buyer who only pays as a last resort can only be trouble. Your gut reaction probably should be listened to.

Bill

Bill

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

muminlaw
Community Member
Terry, here's another vote for refund and forget about him. You didn't get him NARU'd - he did that all by himself!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

treasure-pot
Community Member
Good point, Glenda. Although it's always nice to take part of the credit to get some NPB's off eBay.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

deltone
Community Member
I have to agree with the others. This guy sounds like he could be trouble.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

gloriaguides
Community Member
I would have nothing to do with him--refund him and leave him to live with the reults of his actions. If you didn't know that he'd bought the same item from someone else it might be different, but the way it stands I wouldn't trust him at all. Sometimes a sale is not worth all the hassle. Gloria
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

can-import
Community Member
REFUND AND FORGET HIM
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
i also would refund and move on. Sometimes as a courtesy (and to have them stop bugging me) I suggest another ebay seller who may have a similar item.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

mahsauction
Community Member
He already bought the item from another seller the day after he bought mine.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

What would you do?

shooger
Community Member
I would also refund the money and block him. He ignored you until he got NARUd, a sure sign of someone I wouldn't want to deal with.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply