When Good Listings Go Bad... The List

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
By selling on consignment, I see some great items come into my store. I am finding it increasingly hard to list the really great finds as it seems every other eBay member is in the VeRO program. I would like to keep an updated thread for listings that get pulled by eBay for whatever reason. I would like anyone who has had a listing pulled to feel free and state it in this thread, as well any resolution achieved by eBay. I will start the list as I have had a few.

Circa 1952 Chanel Lambskin Purse

Problem? - The VeRO owner had the listing pulled due to counterfeit listing. The purse was authenticated by the Chanel store in Toronto to be authentic and to appraise at $1,800USD. eBay told me to email the VeRO owner to come to some agreement regarding this purse.
Resolution? - eBay will not help me to contact the VeRO owner and told me to wait... it's been 3 months.

1979 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card

Problem? - Listing was pulled due to (possible counterfeit) item. Apparently there was no VeRO violation to this one and eBay will not state who reported the item. I know this one is authentic as I have owned it since I opened the pack of hockey cards back in 1979.
Resolution? - eBay says get rookie cards graded from one of the 'eBay authorized' grading companies. The problem with this is I live 6 hours from the nearest 'authorized' grading company. The grader charges $25 per card plus insurance to ship down plus insurance to ship back. Total cost involved so eBay will allow me to list this card is around $120. The amazing part is eBay actually has a whole sports card category for non-graded cards which is what really baffles me.

1985 Mario Lemieux Rookie Card

Problem? - Same as above
Resolution? - Same as above, however to sell this card for the estimated $100-$125 value it will cost around $40 to do so.

Please add to the list so we can hopefully help those selling on consignment by letting them know what will get pulled (and possibly result in your account being suspended) and how to work around it. eBay's VeRO information is very vague, especially when dealing with sports cards as there is no information anywhere on any eBay page that states rookie cards need to be graded.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

When Good Listings Go Bad... The List

bestshowtime
Community Member
Wow! Nobody ask me any thing, when I put on auction $700US figurine!!!
I think you have these problems just because it is too easy made a fake card!!!
Any way good luck in your hard business.:-)
Regards, VG.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply