When buying from the us, will all my charges be in my total price at checkout?

I hear people talking about import charges, and taxes etc. Will I be charged even more when my package arrives? Or would I have been charged at time of checkout?
Also if someone wants to Explain global shopping program to me. That would be cool. Or I can look it up lol
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You will pay all charges at the time of check out. From what I've read, the Global Shipping Program (GSP) is not popular with buyers because there are extra fees that you wouldn't pay if the item was shipped directly. You would have to pay once the package arrived in Canada but it would cost less than through the GSP.

Below is information on the program itself.

Here's what we found for "global shipping"

The Global Shipping Program simplifies selling US items to international buyers. Simply ship items to a US shipping center. They'll manage the shipping and customs process and send the item to the international buyer. Find out more about using the Global Shipping Program, including:

The Global Shipping Program also makes it easier for buyers in other countries to purchase items from US sellers. Buyers can see the shipping and import charges before purchasing, and can also track their item globally. Find out more about buying an item through the Global Shipping Program.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ok thanks, but you mean I will pay all charges at the checkout, but only if using gsp? If I don't use gsp, I will have to pay duties, taxes?
Sorry I couldn't find my question, so I had asked it agin ( I know, dumb) and the answers, were I will have to pay at delivery/pick up
Thanks a lot though for explaining gsp. I hear and read a lot of negative things about it! So I'm still iffy about it. But starting to understand it 😜
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Only if you are buying from the USA and the seller is using the Global Shipping Program.

If you are buying from Canada, there will be no duty but some sellers do remit sales taxes (from 5% to 15% depending on your province). These will be on your invoice.

Purchases from overseas will have duty, sales taxes, and a service fee from the shipper ($10 for Canada Post more than double that from a courier like UPS) assessed at the border. The deliveryman will charge you these on your doorstep before turning over the package.

If your US seller is not using the GSP, any assesed duty and tax plus service fee, will also be charged on your doorstep.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply