When i got my item, the delivery guy made me pay 66 $

Hi,

I recently bought a Yamaha Grand Piano :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261372707698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

for 227 $ US and 14.95 $ for shipping by UPS, when the dilvery guy passed by today, he made me pay 66$ to get my item when i already paid for shipping on my item. ( when the seller shipped  my item the tracking number was : M025014993

When i looked it up on UPS it said it was " Collect on Delivery" which means i have to pay an extra fee.

What should i do ? Open a case in the Resolution Center or contact the seller which i think is useless at this point.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if you bought it from outside canada that was duty you were paying.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

if you bought it from outside canada that was duty you were paying.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller has nothing to do with it.

You were paying duty (the piano is made in Japan and Canada does not have a free trade agreement with them) and sales tax (between 5% and 15% of value depending on your province). There is also a customs brokerage fee which is probably the $14.95 you thought was a shipping charge.

That's dropped considerably. The customs brokerage used to start around $25 and go up with the value of the item.

EBay and Paypal will not entertain your complaint. They actually supply sellers with some boilerplate to explain their policy.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

Nor can you leave a complaint about paying your own country's duty and tax. The feedback will be removed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi there. When ever anyone gets a delivery from UPS brace yourself for what ever fees one is required to pay at the door. I bought a saddle from a seller in California about 8 months ago. I paid $160.00 to the seller for shipping and when the saddle was delivered I had to pay another $300.00 in import charges. The saddle was just over $600.00 and all the shipping charges could have bought another saddle. I have never bought from another seller using UPS since!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply