Where and how do i track a package that starts with "UPBAA"?

So I bought an item from the states a week ago and everything went pretty smooth. But a couple of days after the seller shipped out the item, tracking option on purchase history page has now disappeared. I am not familiar with the tracking number that starts with "UPBAA" and when it did show the tracking option it showed up as "multiple carriers"  I tried to track the package from USPS website and it just gives me this message "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office." Haven't heard a single word from the seller, should I file a complaint?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

i am in the same situation   what i did is that i checked...

Hi.. could it be your item of the 6th being shipped via ebay's new global shipping program..

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

Ebay is suppose to be providing a trackable global number. Not having seen UPBAA before , i believe it must be related but have no idea how such a # can be tracked. There is just not enough information available at this point.

I see no reason to thinking claim. Contact seller if hasn't arrived in 3-4 weeks. 45 days for claims and always file by day 43 from payment date.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

PS ..you paid $35 to seller for shipping. Would love to know the additional shipping paid on checkout. Seller is charging $20. for domestic and should not be charging more as he is not handling the international leg.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

denaz666
Community Member

I'm in the exact same position.

I've searched pretty thoroughly and cannot find anyone who recognises this tracking number. I spoke with the seller, and he has never seen it before either.

The tracking on mine updated up until about the 5th of November, to which is then left the US and disapeared off the tracking radar. This is the last update from my tracker: Processing at US Shipping Center, Nov-05-12, 23:34 PM, Erlanger

Will keep hunting, and will update you if I find anything out 🙂

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

ca35478
Community Member

I'm in the exact same position as well...

Originally bought a package from the US to Canada, gave me a usps tracking number that showed in delivered to Kentucky, about 5 days later got this UPBAA tracking number that links to nowhere. Package was bought Nov 19/12, its been 2 weeks. I will wait a little longer before putting in a claim. This new ebay international shipping seems a little sketchy.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

zappologist
Community Member

Did any of you get your goods yet? I'm in the same situation in the UK - my item seems to have made it across the pond via Erlanger Kentucky, but unable to track it more specifically and no idea when it might arrive. Wasn't aware that this new system would be so nerve-wracking! 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

ca35478
Community Member

Yes this new new system is definitely nerve wracking. Those UPBAA tracking numbers they give you lead no where. I finally did receive my package about 3 days ago via canada post general delivery. This package had 0 tracking numbers on it.  I let my seller know that he wont be getting a 5 star response because i was told that package was trackable and it wasn't. Hopefully the sellers can try to figure this out when they are not getting 5 star responses.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

johnsthename
Community Member

The common denominator seems to be Erlanger. I have received no response from my seller to my email requesting further information regarding his main courier. There doesn't seem to be an easy resolution to this problem because it is out of my seller's hands. I will post a comment once - or if - my parcel arrives. Maybe it is just a waiting game. It's still very poor service, given what I paid for postage.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I ordered stuff from China faster than the states ok what is wrong here
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

This so-called tracking system is terrible. I believe it's Pitney-Bowes acting as the carrier-contractor, then subbing it out to whoever makes sense for the destination. All I get is the track number, and PBI. No other info at all. FedEx, UPS and USPS track services are all MUCH better! All I can do it seems, is keep my fingers crossed...silly in this day and age!
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

So did u eventually get your package

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

So did u eventually get the package
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

i am in the same situation

what i did is that i checked canada post ups, purolator and united postal service but no luck.

i purchased 2 men's clothing from the states. one was delivered but the other one still i am not getting, perhaps that you should wait and see what is going on and then if you haven't receceived yours.

Final step which you haven't received your item that originally marked certain dates the way they send you invoice. just waiting fro 2 to 3 days then you send email to ebay directly or indirectly to ebay and get resolved.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply