Where did the buttons go when posting?

Is it just my computer, but there are no buttons for Bold, smiley faces, etc. - what gives - is it just me??
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Are you using MS-Explorer?  That could be the problem.

Works fine with Firefox.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Are you using MS-Explorer?  That could be the problem.

Works fine with Firefox.

Works for me too. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

buttons.jpg

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Cat Tongue 

Just testing the buttons

On Windows7 IE 11  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@2011limey1 wrote:
Is it just my computer, but there are no buttons for Bold, smiley faces, etc. - what gives - is it just me??

Do you accidentally have the HTML tab selected rather than Rich Text ?

In HTML message mode there are no buttons.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while so have only just seen your msg. - thanks. But no, nothing on Rich Text or HTML. BUT, I'm embarrassed to say that I am STILL using Windows XP (support finished in April) and Internet 8 and of course weird things, and I mean weird are happening - I sometimes hold my breath when turning the stupid thing on. Yes....it's just about that time I'll have to fork out $ for new computer - I have been looking around, making lots of notes, etc. but haven't done anything yet. LOL, yesterday I turned it on and the wallpaper had gone, together with all my desktop icons. I just about flipped - but turned the serger (spelling - couldn't even find it on google) off for a second and then back on and it was o.k.......FOR NOW. So SMILEY FACE! - can't Bold, Underline. Some sites (not ebay) tell me to upgrade to Chrome, etc. but as soon as I try something it says something like YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON YOUR COMPUTER! Thanks again! - I'm off to buy a lotto ticket!
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I use xp also but i use firefox and the buttons show up .

Cat Surprisedfingers crossed.jpgCat Surprised

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yes, but my mine will not let me downkload ANYTHING else!
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks but forgot to say it won't only not let me download Chrome, but Firefox or anythin at all. Cheers!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Are you using a computer or a tablet?

A Microsoft "Surface 2" tablet for example will not let you download Firefox.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Pierre - I'm using a desktop computer - for some reason I really like desktops rather than laptops - I wouldn't be carrying it around with me anywhere anyway! It's getting worse by the day.......and this will be my last complaint everyone - honest! It's way overdue for the computers in the sky area. I've been looking around a bit and some people are saying that Windows 7.1 is not too different from what I've got now, but looking at a Microsoft site it gives you the "life" of 7.1 and even that isn't very long. As you probably know, everyone is selling 8.1. Actually I'm pretty good and liket tinkering with computers, but on looking at 8.1 - it's TOTALLY different - like another language and a lot of people are also saying it's very hard to get used to and they don't even like it. As well, I feel like I would be paying for so much "stuff" I wouldn't even use. Yesterday was a good one - I went into my Favourites to order ink for my printer from a great Cdn. Co. and I just couldn't get in - the "circle", if you know what I mean just kept spinning. I phoned them on their toll-free line and got this guy who was funny and helpful. He said since I last ordered they had changed something to their website and he asked what I was using - I was kind of embarrassed and laughed when I told him - well he laughed too and said he was sorry, he didn't mean to! But did I know that it was a "gonner"? OH YES I replied. So, I did it the old, old........very old way and ordered by phone Even my printer, which is an HP All-in-One which is much newer than my operating system is acting up because of this I suppose. I really like it, so easy to do everything, scan, etc. etc. So many times now it just goes off-line and I have to keep putting in the original installation disk to get it going! Thanks for trying to help out everyone SMILEY FACE, IN BOLD, WITH A HEART FOR GOOD LUCK!!!"
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

.......but ebay is still working for now - obviously - they want me to keep on buying and probably don't care what I'm using LOL!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

So many techies were dissatisfied with the Windows 8 and 8.1 user interface that they made free applications to make it look and feel like Windows 7 and XP menu system. I had to setup a couple of Windows 8 PCs and upgrade to 8.1 and it was quite the experience. I could not close an open window or shutdown. I had to do the tutorial on the main screen to figure out these simple things. LOL. I Google searched for apps to make it look like Windows 7/XP menus and as soon as I installed one free one, I was able to move around quickly.

Windows 8/81 interface is horrible for non-touch screen users who use a regular screen and keyboard and are used to the old Windows XP/7 interface menu system. Not intuitive at all. Not productive at all. Add in the app to make it look like Windows XP/7 and then is a acceptable system with less learning curve.

I am still running my Windows XP system. I upgraded the hardware over the years from free recycled PCs and it is a fast old 10 year computer. I have a couple of old Windows Vista and Windows 7 PCs to play around with to see which I like. Just did not get around to it yet.

As for the comment about the laptop, do think about getting one. Why? Cost is the same as a desktop. Much more energy efficient that a desktop. The saving in electricity over the years will pay for part of it. It has a better power management scheme than a desktop so it saves even more power. Since it is battery driven, it is immune to power failures so one less reason to crash. Like having a UPS power backup. Of course, your router and internet will go down but you can always go to a free WiFi at McDonald or Starbucks and send out important emails. And once you have portability, you tend to want to use it this way sometimes.

And you save a lot of desk space, on top and under your desk too if the tower sits there.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Poco for your informative reply. You are saying exactly what I've heard about 8.1, but you're a techy that's for sure, which I'm not. As regards the desktop, it's just what I prefer - but I saw on TSC (I've had wonderful experiences with them through many years) they had a "Showstopper", meaning the price is just for one day (I have their showstoppers delivered to my inbox). It was a HP desktop All-in-One Desk Top with HP Officejet printer (which had all kinds of stuff, fax, etc.etc. and looked really bulky, wireless mouse and reg. mouse, Lifetime McAfee Antivirus - HP 3 year support. I've never seen this before, in that there's no tower - it's all built in. Operating system 8.1!! The price was $699, such a great price, I wasn't sure what to do - I don't think I need the printer that was included. Of course it gave all the specs and they were really good - TSC is really good, and in this particular case if you wanted to send it back - HP would come to your home and pick it up. They're still selling it now for the reg. price of $999.98. They even have, if you want, 6 interest free payments. I don't really mind a tower - I have a great little desk, where there is a special place underneath for the tower, so I don't see it. Ha, now you've really confirmed that I don't want 8.1, but now I just don't know what the heck to get. My windows XP was purchased in 2005 and I had more memory installed later on, and of course changed the screen to a flat one. I've had a couple of printers.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply