Where is Support Chat or Email Option for eBay.ca?

I recently completed an eBay satisfaction survey and one of the questions was whether I was happy with the support options - phone, chat and email. I thought, Chat and Email? Awesome, that's great. Sure, happy with that, not that I had ever seen the options, but perhaps I had missed seeing them, so I gave a thumbs up on the survey.

But... I can't find those options anywhere on eBay.ca. And there are times I would prefer to communicate in writing, so I can explain complex issues, and the CSR on the other end can take a few minutes to digest things. And we both have a record of what was discussed and how it was resolved.

So... where are these support options?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where is Support Chat or Email Option for eBay.ca?

I have never seen that survey so I can only guess but I am thinking that "phone" is via the Help & Contact link at the top & bottom of the page where you use it to contact a Customer Service rep (the only phone option I know of).  Chat would be either these discussion boards ("chat" all day and night but in posted message format) or the Weekly Chat with a real eBay rep who answers site issue questions:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Just guesses.  I could be wrong. 

For support, your best bet is to ask your questions on the appropriate board first.  If the other members can't solve the issue for you, then you can use the Contact Us and get a CS rep to confuse you with incorrect information.  When that has worn you down you can use the above link and put your question to an eBay Canada rep who is really busy but will try to sort things out if all else fails. 

The only "support options" I know of. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks.Great. Yes, phone is the only tool I've used so far, but this community board is very helpful. My first time using it today, although I signed up a while ago. Thanks for a very helpful answer, i.am.vivian!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You're welcome!  First day?  I hope we get to see lots more of you!   🙂 

Come and talk with everyone.  This is a lot more fun than TV! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply