Who's the LIAR???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I have this client of mine who hasn't paid for the bikini she won. I told her if I don't recieve payment soon I will relist it.
She sends me an e-mail saying it was paid with paypal 2 days ago. I never got confirmation from paypal or seen the payment in my paypal account.
I'm sure she's lying, but wanted to know if there was a chance paypal never confirmed her payment. Anyone else have a problem like this?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Who's the LIAR???

alero0
Community Member
There has been times although rare that I only received email confirmation from Paypal a couple of days after the payment was made but it always shows up on my paypal account on time. Ask her if the payment shows up on her account. I would assume it's not there in which case I feel it's up to her to contact paypal if she feel she did make that payment. She might not be lying to you she might have just clicked the wrong button and thought she paid. In any case until you see the payment on your account you should not ship.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I just checked her feedback and I'm 100% sure she is a liar. She has 6 neg's within 8 months and she sells and buys on ebay so she definately knows how to use paypal.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

It is possible that the buyer paid via 'send funds' in Paypal and entered your email address incorrectly. The payment will wait to be claimed if it is an invalid email.
There will be a Paypal transaction number on the payment, which she should be able to provide if she did make a payment. Stupid thing to lie about, it's so easily disproved.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

whoscloset
Community Member
Don't get into a pissing contest. Just tell her that the payment never arrived in your account and she should contact PayPal immediately to straighten it out.
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

sunshine2426
Community Member
I did and she never responded.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

whoscloset
Community Member
I'd file a NPB and move on then.
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

duujogl
Community Member
I'm sure she's lying, but wanted to know if there was a chance paypal never confirmed her payment. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Yes, I have! eBay (or PayPal) changed my email address somehow on a couple of weeks worth of listings and, when customers hit the Pay Now button, payment went to a non-existent email addy. I realized it finally when I went to the item page and noticed that the email address shown there that the buyer had sent payment to, was different from my actual address.

It was some fun holding a few newbie's hands through the process of canceling a PayPal payment and repaying by way of a PayPal generated invoice instead of eBay's! Some of them just got frustrated and decided it wasn't worth it - couldn't blame them and we agreed on a "mutually agreed..."

Glenda
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Who's the LIAR???

sunshine2426
Community Member
Thanks everyone:)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply