Why Ebay dont respect the Law ( in Quebec) and their own rules?

I've been on ebay since 2001, im now useing this new account i made for my business.

First i want to be clear, i have absolutely no problem with Ebay having rule and forbidden item, like in my case electonic cigarette and herbal vaporizer.

my problem is Why Ebay put rules they dont enforce? If i can't sell electronic cigarette and herbal vaporizer then why Ebay allow them. there is thousand of item that dont respect Ebay rule right now. Is it hypocrisy? Most Brand that make this product dont do anything else, they are easy to ban from listing. Why ebay dont do it. Maybe they put the rule for some legal reason only lawyers know, but want to kept the money from this billion dollars market?

if i search KANGER i got 4500 listing, Eleaf 2976 listing, electronic cigarette 1755 listing and so on....

On top of that Quebec law prohibit from having online publicity on E-cig product since law 44 has been pass. but still there is E-cig item and even foreign site like gearbest that advertise e-cig on ebay.ca.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

xeposter
Community Member

You are registered on eBay.com (United States)...this is eBay.ca (Canada)...If you in the US, you should be at the US community located at http://community.ebay.com although anybody is welcome here.

@steamtrain420 wrote:

I've been on ebay since 2001, im now useing this new account i made for my business.

First i want to be clear, i have absolutely no problem with Ebay having rule and forbidden item, like in my case electonic cigarette and herbal vaporizer.

my problem is Why Ebay put rules they dont enforce? If i can't sell electronic cigarette and herbal vaporizer then why Ebay allow them. there is thousand of item that dont respect Ebay rule right now. Is it hypocrisy? Most Brand that make this product dont do anything else, they are easy to ban from listing. Why ebay dont do it. Maybe they put the rule for some legal reason only lawyers know, but want to kept the money from this billion dollars market?

if i search KANGER i got 4500 listing, Eleaf 2976 listing, electronic cigarette 1755 listing and so on....

On top of that Quebec law prohibit from having online publicity on E-cig product since law 44 has been pass. but still there is E-cig item and even foreign site like gearbest that advertise e-cig on ebay.ca.

Look at this: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=feedback&_sac=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=feed.... Feedback is clearly not allowed to be sold on eBay. How many people have broken the rules? 24. eBay hasn't removed those listings.

As far as I know (I am not completely sure about this), eBay does not "remove" listings...they only remove them when a member reports it to them. Again, I am not completely sure about this...

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

<< Feedback is clearlynot allowed to be sold on eBay. . . .   eBay hasn't removed those listings>>

Haha, wow Alex, where do you find all these weird listings and user IDs.  Hmph, I suppose it would never have 

occurred to me to look.  But you are right, those listings are certainly not allowed, . . .  haha, in spite of the great 

many users who have "bought" from them:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-manipulation.html#what

<<As far as I know (I am not completely sure about this), eBay does not "remove" listings...they only remove them

when a member reports it to them.>>

I believe so, yes.  Otherwise ebay would have to employ people to scrutinize each listing before it was approved, 

and with millions of listings appearing daily, that would be a colossal expense.  So imagine the seller fees . . .  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

there is word actually blocked from listing on Ebay. Why they don't just E-cig brand on this list.  Ecig brand like Kanger, Eleaf, smoktech Uwell etc... they just produce e-cig product.

im not talking about rocket science. a list of 50 or 100 word would bring 95% of these listing down.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply