Why are the discussion boards so hard to find?

gosh you have to google to fiond the discussion boards now. Whats with that?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

eBay does not want them used. Board usage is down grammatically from 3-5 years ago. Attrition by neglect. If they neglect the boards long enough, membership will dwindle, then they will announce their discontinuance due to lack of usage.

Even the most vibrant .com boards are turning into ghost towns.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes it disappear from right upper corner, I would go scroll down to bottom to "Site Map" and click it and find "Connect" and find Community Boards and click it.  It can be annoying and waste of time. 

eBay is working so hard to make our lives miserable and waste of time!  They even get paid to do it!!

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Well, eBay pretty much has nothing to do with these boards. They are managed by Lithium. We end up preaching to the choir and singing in the wind.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
eBay does not want them used. Board usage is down grammatically from 3-5 years ago. Attrition by neglect. If they neglect the boards long enough, membership will dwindle, then they will announce their discontinuance due to lack of usage.

The boards are boring these days for two simple reasons, first and most important they have just turned into a whinefest by people who can't be bothered to read or can read but can't comprehend or those who have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

Second reason, since Lithium took over and off-topic discussions were banned there is not much entertainment value left in these boards.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yeah-- where is zoomer and his chopping block ? I like the familiar warmth of repetition.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Am I the only one who has no problem finding the Discussion Boards?

On any page of ebay.ca hover your mouse over the word "Community" in the top right-hand corner and then click on "Discussion Forums".

I can get to the main Discussion Board page in one click, and to Seller Central in two...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I assume that you mean dramatically, not grammatically.

In a sense your line is correct because since brandeentertainment started posting a lot in the past couple of years with his fast paced style of writing with no spell or grammar checking, boards are grammatically down.

LOL. brandeentertainment, this was posted in fun so do not take seriously. femmefan1946 will appreciate this comment.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Snort! Guffaw! Full-on FDPMSL!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I have the eBay.ca and eBay.com forums bookmarked on on my Firefox browser toolbar. One click and I am at the forums. The annoying part is to have to sign in all the time to the forums because login time is under an hour if inactive.

Same with My eBay on both sites. Bookmarked and on the toolbar.  I never see the home page and it's constant annoying changes and so called improvements and features.

Along with using free AdBlockPlus in my FireFox browser to block eBay ads, all in all I have less complaints when I use eBay because I get to miss some silly eBay improvements and changes.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
...... since brandeentertainment started posting a lot in the past couple of years with his fast paced style of writing with no spell or grammar checking, boards are grammatically down.

LOL. brandeentertainment, this was posted in fun so do not take seriously. femmefan1946 will appreciate this comment.

LOL me too!  I used to proofread for the Winnipeg Free Press when I was going to school and just shudder now whenever I see grammatical and/or spelling errors.  We're all used to brandeentertainment now, though Smiley Happy  He seems the type that wouldn't take offense at us kidding him a little.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I have decided that when I get my superpower I will choose 'the ability to understand even the most illiterate /textspeak/englishasatwelfthlanguage/insane/gibberish" and I will call myself "GrammarGirl".

Now about the spandex suit... do those come in 3XXX?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply