Why can't I create/purchase/print a Canada Post shipping label without involving PayPal?

Why does Ebay require(force) you to create/purchase/print a Canada Post shipping label through PayPal? 

I (my company) would prefer to create/purchase/print the shipping label directly through Ebay, paying any shipping related fees "within" our Ebay account. (Exclusive of PayPal)

This option, if for no other reason, would allow for more flexibility with regards to payment options for said shipping related charges. (Through PayPal, PayPal uses available account funds as the primary, and only source for payment, should available funds exist.)

Thank you in advance for any responses/advice,

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why can't I create/purchase/print a Canada Post shipping label without involving PayPal?

Paypal also gives you discounts on many services. Five percent to 17% off PO counter prices.

EBay doesn't handle your money. They do have access to your PP or cc account so they can automatically access them for your monthly fees.

I think the dotCOM 'eBay 'shipping label is actually a USPS shipping label. Of course, the PP labels on dotCA are Canada Post labels really.

And Paypal does, as you say, have access to your balance.

I believe PP also allows you to print UPS labels, but I'm not sure since I don't use them.

If you are shipping letter rate, none of the sites can supply labels. The PO does sell gummed prepaid stickers for these. They usually call them "stamps".

You can also buy shipping labels directly from Canada Post. Venture One /Small Business Solutions gives you five percent of PO counter prices for some services.

And eBay sellers like me offer discounted mint postage lots.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Wrong ID for postage lots. Oh well.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@automationguys2012 wrote:

Why does Ebay require(force) you to create/purchase/print a Canada Post shipping label through PayPal? 

I (my company) would prefer to create/purchase/print the shipping label directly through Ebay, paying any shipping related fees "within" our Ebay account. (Exclusive of PayPal)

This option, if for no other reason, would allow for more flexibility with regards to payment options for said shipping related charges. (Through PayPal, PayPal uses available account funds as the primary, and only source for payment, should available funds exist.)

There is no requirement to buy Canada Post shipping labels through paypal -- you can buy directly from Canada Post.

As currently set up your eBay account is strictly for eBay fees. Since eBay has enough troubles getting that to work properly ( http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Did-not-get-20-TRS-Discount-told-by-CS-it-s-a-gliche-anyo... ) I don't see eBay adding direct postage as a choice in the near future.

What eBay does need to give sellers the ability to buy return shipping for countries that are not their own.

-..-

As for paypal payment of shipping, you used to be able to override the default payment method and select another payment method. But with the recent shipping changes I'm not sure if that is still possible.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply