Why can't I see what a buyer bought previously except for the private things?

I've seen some sellers who are very active and buy/sell things pretty much every day, and their purchases are still listed as private. I was told if you set your feedback to private you won't be able to sell, so my question is, how do the other people do it?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If

@xtrmegamer wrote:

their purchases are still listed as private

Could it be the sellers who have made the listings private and not the person whose feedback you are looking at?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

give an example using the auction item number.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

How can I see the auction item number if in the feedback section where "view item" is supposed to be it says "private"?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

if you know the seller, then pick an active item they have.

If they don't have any active items, then you have your answer that they were selling, are not anymore, and put their feedback private. Probably due to lots of negatives. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Here: 

eBay item number:

That is one of many.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When I look at the feedback of the seller for listing 221435208724, the feedback received as a seller lists the item, $ amount of sale, and there is a link to view the item. Feedback received as a buyer never lists the item and never provides a link to look at it.  The top feedback that shows "private" is because the seller made the listing private.

By the way, when I look at your feedback as a buyer, I do not see any information about what you bought, either.  AND when I look at your feedback as a seller, the item is listed, the $ amount of the sale is listed but there is no link to view the item.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

their feedback isn't private. You can see all the feedback there. I think you are misunderstanding what private feedback is. 

If you choose to make your feedback private it only covers up the comments. From ebay:

Note: If you make your Feedback profile private, your Feedback comments will be hidden, but members will still be able to see the number of positive, neutral, and negative Feedback ratings you've received, and you won't be able to sell items on eBay.

I was under the impression that the summary up top was also hidden, but I guess not.

The seller does not have their feedback setting on private so they can continue to sell.

It used to be possible to see who the buyer was on a sellers feedback page, and then click on them and see their purchase history. If you are not the seller, you can no longer do this, and you cannot see a buyers purchase history any more. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply