Why can't people pay with a money order it always has worked and is secure

Why can't we pay with a postal money order when it works and there's no pay pal b.s  postal money orders work and their secure why is it not an option when for years I used them and never had a problem . Pay pal sucks  they have your information and yet give you grief I know my email and my password what s the problem .Just paid a e-bay seller with a postal money order and there was no problems .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Some sellers will accept money orders if you ask them.

However there is no buyer protection at all if something

goes wrong with the transaction.

A seller cannot advertise in their listings that they will accept

money orders.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html#restricted

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sellers are not allowed to ask/demand money orders or any other non-viewable form of payment.

Buyers are allowed to ask sellers if they can send a money order. Most honest sellers and all crooked ones will say yes.

Why are sellers not allowed to demand money orders? For the same reason that scammers love them. If the seller says he never got it, the buyer cannot prove he did and the money order issuer will not reimburse him. Nor will the money order company do anything about a money order cashed  but nothing sent.

Electronic payment (and eBay does accept a few other electronic payment methods, including direct credit card payment to sellers who have merchant accounts ) allows the mediator (eBay or PP) to see that the payment has in fact been made. Scamming sellers then must prove that the purchase has been delivered to the buyer.

For further Buyer Protection, use PP as the method of sending a payment from a credit card, instead of from a bank balance. Not only is this faster, since bank payments need to be cleared as e-cheques, but the credit card offers another layer of Buyer Protection through their chargeback policies.

And, since PP detests this, which is why they don't push it, you get that  warm and fuzzy 'stickin it to the Man' feeling without also sticking it to yourself.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Money orders can be faked. Some sellers have received fake money orders. Fortunately, I have never received a fake money order from a buyer but I'm sure some have. If the money order is genuine, like from the Post Office, the seller saves on paypal fees. Money orders can be risky for both buyers and sellers.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply