Why did Ebay change this? I can't get a shipping quote or print the order details until after paymen

We use to be able to get a shipping quote and print the order details before payment..Sometimes this helps us get ahead of the game so to speak..I cant send a correct invoice because I can't price up shipping options until after payment..Need it first to send correct amount..On large orders it's nice to get it ready for shipping so when payment is made just have to print the shipping label...

When Ebay makes changes to the good things go bad...

Also that migration tool is useless...converting my US$ listings over to CDN$ .still have to go into 2400 listings to change the shipping costs etc 1 listing at a time..make new listing ..end old listing....loose all the watchers....Yep this really helped..

Really it's a full time job just keeping up with the changes someone thinks are best for my business. Why didn't we do this 3 months ago when I had to go through 2400 listings to say DOES NOT APPLY for the product identifiers....

Guess I need to give up my full time day job to run a part-time online store...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why did Ebay change this? I can't get a shipping quot...

@the-dart-guy wrote:

We use to be able to get a shipping quote and print the order details before payment..Sometimes this helps us get ahead of the game so to speak.. I cant send a correct invoice because I can't price up shipping options until after payment.. Need it first to send correct amount.. On large orders it's nice to get it ready for shipping so when payment is made just have to print the shipping label...

The shipping address is in the email that eBay sends you.  You can uses your shipper's website to do a quote. Or are you talking about doing a quote through PayPal?

eBay and PayPal became separate companies last year.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes through Paypal..that is were it goes when I go to print shipping label...you fill in the size weight etc and you can price different services..We use to be able to do this..changed a few months ago..You can't get different q
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can't get different quotes through ebay only the service you select when listing
Message 4 of 4
latest reply