Why do import fees under calculate link differ from the one in the listing?

quelec
Community Member

Item: 172385102576

I bid and click on link "calculate" to see how much import fees for my bidding, it shows 0$. However, once I confirm my bidding, the listing shows a import fee much bigger than 0$. Which import fees do users trust before clicking "confirm" to go through with their bids?

/Quelec

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The larger amount of import charge will be based on the current "Buy it now" price for that item.  The "Calculate" option is what you would pay if you were to get it for your low bid price.  This is what I see, and the import charges are from the BIN price:

today screen.jpg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is my second reply. In my first one I forgot to mention that this is a GSP item and therefore any amount over $20 (Canadian dollars) will have the import charges added on for sure.  So even if you pay less than the $549 (US) you will still have to pay import charges on amounts over $20.  It's the law in Canada.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/menu-eng.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

quelec
Community Member
Thanks for your answer, but I think my question is not correctly answered. I am not talking about the import charge for "buy it now" option. Neither I mean the import/duty that is collected by Canada for importing goods worth more than 20$ in Canadian value. I want to focus on difference between what bidders are led to believe to pay under the "Calculate" link and what shows in the listing after they have hit the button "Confirm". Try to bid a lower amount (0.10$ for example) on an item with GSP, then click "Calculate" to see how much import charges to be paid for the bid (0$), then hit "Confirm". The import charges in the updated listing shows an amount bigger than 0$. So, the question is: why are there 2 different import charges: one when bidders click "Calculate" and the other on the refreshed listing?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Please see my comment under my initial question.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply