Why does eBay block messages between members, claiming you are trying to transact outside of eBay, when clearly I am not?

gogracego
Community Member

I sold an item on eBay, invoiced the Buyer, and did not receive payment after seven days.  I sent a message to the buyer who responded with a request to pay other than through Paypal.  When I replied with alternative payments, eBay blocked my response with the reason being I was trying to transact outside of eBay.  All I had in the message were alternative ways of the buyer to make payment. So, unless I can contact the buyer, the item will remain unpaid, eBay will have to refund the fees after I place an unpaid item dispute, which I prefer not to.  All I want is payment and it appears that eBay's robot computer is standing in the way!  Any way around this?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re:Why does eBay block messages between members, claiming you are trying to transact outside of eBay, when clearly I am not?

klrlock
Community Member

There is absolutely no way around this. The people who own eBay, own Paypal and that is the only way they will allow people to pay.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply