Why doesn't eBay do anything about CHRONIC BID RETRACTORS ???

Like, maybe TURF THEM???

I have been seeing more and more of this lately... someone bids an aucttion way, way up.... then retracts the bid.

Then creeps in at the end and SNIPES  -  knowing what the previous high bid was.

Look at this http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=301741732037&aid=9***y&eu=guoa5Q...

FORTY TWO BID RETRACTIONS in the past six months!!! Three already this month

C'MON EBAY. .... Whatever happened to FAIR MARKETPLACE ???

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried calling Customer Service to bring this item listing to their attention so that they can take a closer look at the bidder behaviour? I don't often bid on auctions so I have no idea how this might work with retracting and then sniping but it seems to be unebay-like and unethical. I do, however, think bid retractions should act like Unpaid Item strikes on an account. That would quickly halt the behaviour. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried calling Customer Service to bring this item listing to their attention so that they can take a closer look at the bidder behaviour? I don't often bid on auctions so I have no idea how this might work with retracting and then sniping but it seems to be unebay-like and unethical. I do, however, think bid retractions should act like Unpaid Item strikes on an account. That would quickly halt the behaviour. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, I have called and reported a similar buyer, last month. The second tech who came on said "they would look at it".

I still see plenty of this going on, though. I like your suggestion a lot - put some TEETH into this policy, as letting people retract and retract is really quite a loophole for the unethical players here.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply