Why haven't *YOU* signed up for the Canada Post PowerSeller discount yet?

There seems to be tons of discussion going on in a number of threads regarding shipping discounts.

My question to everyone is that if you're not already getting a good discount, why have you *NOT* signed up for the PS discount with CP yet?

In this post:
http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100017316&message=100406005#100406005
I showed a sample of my PS discount rate versus the V1 rate...my discount equates to 30% off Venture One for that calculation, and 33.5% off counter rate.

Canada Post also introduced Commercial Pricing levels for Small Packet. They hiked the rates for COUNTER SALES, but left the rates the same for those of us with contracts...effectively, commercial customers get Small Packet discounts now too.

And finally, this takes ZERO work, ZERO negotiation. You go to the PowerSeller homepage, click the link, fill out the form. CP secure e-mails you your information in a few days, and you're off to the races.

Looking back, I don't know why I didn't register earlier, so I'm asking why so many people are on the fence about this?

Maybe we can dedicate this thread to dealing with the PS discount and any related questions.

(If you want me to post more sample shipping quotes, please post package info and postal code and I'll pull up a few more...)
Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: Why haven't *YOU* signed up for the Canada Post PowerSeller discount yet?

shoplineca
Community Member
YUP!

Malcolm
Message 61 of 107
latest reply

global_exporter
Community Member
This is a very interesting post. I have a few different ebay seller accounts. I'm thinking about combining the 3 accounts so that I can have gold powerseller status. I mostly ship the $3.95 small packets to US. Does any one actually know what the discount is (if any) for small packets under 250 grams? I ship about 300-400 small packets a month.
Message 62 of 107
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Thanks Malcolm. I knew I would get the answer here long before I got in touch with Canada Post. X-)

Global_exporter,

There is no discount for small packets until you reach 50 000 per year, or so. I think it was mentioned earlier in this post. I guess they feel small packets are cheap enough as it is.

Rob
Message 63 of 107
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Thanks Malcolm. I knew I would get the answer here long before I got in touch with Canada Post. X-)

Global_exporter,

There is no discount for small packets until you reach 50 000 per year, or so. I think it was mentioned earlier in this post. I guess they feel small packets are cheap enough as it is.

Rob
Message 64 of 107
latest reply

I had to phone in my order for the new small packet forms:

1-888-550-6333 ( Forms ordering only)
Form # 43-074-253

Ann
Message 65 of 107
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
Thanks Ann.

Unfortunately they will not accept phone orders from me. I placed an order once by phone for expedited labels, and when I called a few months later to order more, the lady politely informed me that as an ebay powerseller she could send me the forms. I had to use the EST or go to the counter. She said it was a new policy.

After shaking my head in disbelief, I went online, logged in with my PS ID and ordered the forms. X-)

Rob
Message 66 of 107
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Rob
They tried that line on us however they gave us a special number to use when we next phone in an order.

My son asked her "what if we dont have a computer?"

... end of debate, we got our order in and a number to use for the future to continue ordering over the telephone.

Malcolm
Message 67 of 107
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
An eBay PowerSeller without a computer?? And she bought that? LOL!
Message 68 of 107
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Were talking Canada Post clerks here, not Nortel engineers.

Malcolm
Message 69 of 107
latest reply

ellingtons
Community Member
And the number is?
Message 70 of 107
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
lol that is funny!

She didn't tell me I could order them on-line, and I didn't think of it till after I hung up. I got from her that I would not be getting the labels anymore. I specifically asker her " So there is no way I am going to get these labels". And her response was "not any more".

I am content to order online now, but if I am ever "without a computer" I will be begging for your number. X-)

Rob
Message 71 of 107
latest reply

kursor17
Community Member
Silver Power Seller here. I signed up for the Canada Post Power Seller discount a few weeks ago. Only now did I actually try to compare my discounts with the counter rate. 3% off across the board (EP, XP, USA and Canada), except Small Packet USA Air which gets no discounts. I'm pretty sure I calculated it correctly: eg Base price: $8.35, Automated Discount: $0.25
Message 72 of 107
latest reply

3% is the automation discount. Are you sure you put in your contract number in your profile? It won't update your rates unless it's there.
Message 73 of 107
latest reply

tomstone607
Community Member
I've signed up for the PS discount, and I got all the info... including my contract #. But when I go to order supplies online, it still shows a charge for the supplies. I haven't entered my contract number anywhere... and I'm wondering if that's the problem. Where would I put my contract number in?? Aren't these supplies free?
Message 74 of 107
latest reply

When you add to cart they show up as $0.00
Message 75 of 107
latest reply

tomstone607
Community Member
Nope, when I add to cart it shows up as actual price. I don't go any further than my credit card information page, because I don't want to get charged for them.
Message 76 of 107
latest reply

What are you trying to order?
Message 77 of 107
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Almost all the supplies are free. It should show $0.00 on the confirmation page...
Message 78 of 107
latest reply

tomstone607
Community Member
I'm trying to order Bubble Mailers, #0 to be exact.
Message 79 of 107
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
Well, Bubble mailers aren't free!!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 80 of 107
latest reply