Why is my money on hold.

wgashade
Community Member

It seems to me that eBay is in way to fast in finding ways to keep money on their books for articles sold.  I now have a case against me because a buyer can not count.  I am in a wheel chair but despite  freezing rain and generally lousy conditions I went to the post office drop box on the day promised.  The parcel is now somewhere in the United States system.  Even though I have a 100% rating I bought my postage through you, I met my promise to mail I have a case against me.  The buyer does not know how to count business days.  Seeing the way this is going you will probably refund his money he will still get the lens and I will be sol.

The article I am shipping tomorrow will be the last article I sell on eBay   I have about twenty other ithems but I will find another seller.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why is my money on hold.

Did you ship expedited . Is the tracking # showing in the dispute. One of the lenses required signature confirmed delivery (over $250. US)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Why is my money on hold.

Even if you win the case, you will not see the money for 21 days after your customer has paid. The 21 Day Hold applies to ALL new sellers and is meant as a method of controlling fraud.

One of those frauds was taking the money and sending nothing. Which is not your situation, but your customer seems to think it is.

As stated, unless you used Expedited parcel (and you get a 20-25% discount on PO counter prices for this service if you print the label through Paypal), you will not be able to prove delivery. No Confirmed Delivery?  PP will refund the customer.

So.

You have to work with the customer. Keep everything polite and professional. Give the customer, through the Dispute, the date of shipment and the shipping label invoice number (whatever the service—we are stroking egos here). While PP does not accept proof of shipping, it does comfort a nervous customer.

Tell the customer that it normally takes 10 business days for items to cross the border and be delivered. Give that date. Tell the customer that if the item is not delivered by that date, you will refund in full. (I know, I know.) but that you would appreciate having the refund refunded when the item arrives.

Vent here. But keep all your communications with the customer cool and calm.

Oh and don’t say anything about your disabilities. He doesn’t care and probably would think it is further proof of a scam. Do however draw attention to that banner on the FB page about storm warnings from the US weather service and the possible impact on deliveries.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Why is my money on hold.

oskye
Community Member

Just FYI - those of us volunteering our time to answer questions here are just buyers and sellers like you. We have no influence with eBay, its policies or procedures. Nor any line into Customer Service.  You should contact them directly or, better yet, eBay Corporate, if you have an issue. eBay Customer Support does have a Suggestion link.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suggestions.html

PayPal Customer service can also be contacted through the PayPal website (and they tend to be more responsive).

I agree there are numerous issue with how the system works that seem contrary to the best interests of both sides sometimes.  As well as unfair.  If we want it different, we need to beat on the doors of the castle!  (It may make no difference, and we may get doused in hot oil, but at least we tried! :-D)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply