Why is the contact number they give us unobtainable ?

I need to speak to some one in Customer services but the number they give doesn't work

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

xeposter
Community Member

Here is a direct link to the contact page: http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1.

Do you understand the difference between the passcode and phone number?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Go to "Help & Contact", pick a reason and call the number then use the one-time pass code.  Not all reasons for getting help lead to a phone number - try them out until you find the number.  The numbers listed on the site do work.  If you found one and it didn't work, perhaps you made an error when calling.  Try again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

One more thing...

You can usually get much better answers here than calling eBay.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You have to be signed into the ebay you used to make the purchase and hope the toll-free option applies. Could that be the problem? Once had an issue with a purchase I made while logged into ebay.co.uk and was unable to get a toll-free number as a result. Because I was calling from Canada.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'donovan..', 

If none of the suggestions the other members have offered yield a phone number for you (although all should work, when you use the Help & Contact link) or more likely, when you do finally get through to an ebay Customer Service person and end up infinitely disappointed by that experience,  why not post your queries to the appropriate Discussion Board so that other members can help you get it sorted out?

Whatever your situation, you can be sure someone around here has encountered the exact same thing at some point:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-and-Selling-on-eBay/ct-p/1500000000

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes Alex, I am not ignorant I do know the difference between a phone number and a passcode
Message 7 of 7
latest reply