Why is the "Report Item" system down for over a month?

I've been wanting to report a seller who is continuously shill bidding his auctions!   It's so obvious that he's doing ths because I keep getting outbid by a 0 feedback buyer.  When I let the shill bidder win, the guy ended up posting the same item again a week later!

I *CAN'T* report this seller!!!  The Customer Support feature to report items has been down for over a month!!!   What kind of service is this???

I swear, if news goes around that we cannot report sellers or items, it will be total chaos!  Or maybe I should spread this news around so sellers can start creating scams and shill bid as much as they want because the Reporting system is down!

YOU HEAR THIS EBAY BUYERS???  SCAM AWAY!  THERE IS NO WAY FOR SELLERS TO REPORT YOU AT THE MOMENT!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

???

The report button works fine.  Not sure what your problem is.

The fact you report a listing or one hundred from a seller thinking that seller is shill bidding does not mean eBay agrees with you.  They know exactly who is selling and who is bidding.  This is something the rest of us do not know.

Providing a specific listing number for experienced users to look at may help others reach a conclusion.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I realize it is an old thread but the problem, persists. "Report item" link DOES NOT work. It leads to the sign-in page (even if you are already signed in) and you can click sign-in button as many times as your mouse survives; nothing happens, you stay on the same sign-in page.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I use Firefox and haven't had any problems with the report button either so I wonder if this is a browser related problem.

You could post this in the site issues section, someone from ebay may be more likely to see it there. Have you tried clearing out your cookies and then trying to use the report option?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Tried that. And cache too. I also temporary disabled Adblock and allowed third-party cookies. No go. I've given up.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OK. It looks like some cookies were block even when allowed. e.g. for ocs.ebay.ca

Message 6 of 6
latest reply