Why is there no place to report a seller? A seller can easily report a buyer.

I bought a card from a seller. His listing states that payment is required in 7 days. On the fourth day, he filed a non payment claim. IT hit a nerve and I told him so.

I then asked politely for him not use scotch tape on the top loader the hockey card would be put in. He responded will condescending  remarks that he would toss in a few extra one to replace any that I received with scotch tape.
The seller then sent another message pretty much calling me cheap and rude because I did not pay him his $3.49 plus shipping right away. It  was his philosophy that anything under $5 souls be paid for right away.. When I told him that I work a lot of hours over the weekend and paying him was not on my priority list, he called me a whiner.

I also sell, so I put him on my blocked list.  He stated that he found a card he needed for a set. It just happened to be a coincidence that the card was being sold by me. He then told me there was no need to block him since I should be more concerned about his friends. This sounds like a threat to me.

I called him out on all these issues and he went ballistic. He has since called me several derogatory names, used foul language and blames it all on me.

There is NO where to report this unless I spend who knows how long on the phone but he can very easilyt report me with the click of a button. Why is that????

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Call eBay. Otherwise there's no other maricle. Or ope a case in PayPal.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I can't say I sympathize with either of you on this.

It only takes a few seconds to complete a Paypal payment after you have won an item as a Fixed Price listing. I can understand if it were an auction, since the buyer may not be available when the auction ends.

On the other hand the seller was effectively telling you that he was impatient if he went to the trouble of saying in the listing when payment is due. The common wisdom is that most buyers will pay promptly, the slow payers won't notice or won't care about the "deadline" , and some buyers will bypass listings with hostile language like this.

Aaaaand then you get into a urination match.

If you want to report this, don't be surprised if the clerk is as hard on you as on him. Especially if you get a woman. More especially if she is the mother of boys.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply