Why my Ebay account is restricted? Error Code: 70226

I want to know why my account is retricted Error Code: 70226?.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Restricted as a Buyer?

The usual reasons are Unpaid Item Strikes.

If you do not pay your seller, she can give you a Strike.

Most sellers will not accept bids from deadbeats. Too many Strikes and eBay closes the account completely.

EBay also, as a protection measure for both Buyers and Sellers, restricts the number of purchases new buyers can make.

The protection for the Buyer is that he doesn't get in too deep when he finds the huge selection and great prices available here.

The protection for the Seller-- well, unfortunately, sometimes Buyers get in too deep and stiff their sellers, who pay to sell here, BTW. And sometimes an account is opened maliciously to cause harm to a particular seller or just to mess around.

Restricted as a Seller?

New sellers have restrictions on the number and value of the items they offer, especially in high fraud/high value categories like electronics, sportscards, dolls, horse tack, jewelry.

And Paypal will Hold cleared customer payments for up to 21 days against the new seller's performance.

With the exception of the Strikes, all these are business, not personal

It has long been a Best Practice to build feedback by buying before attempting to sell here. Not only does this give you a more trustworthy image, but it gives a newbie an overview of their future customers' experience.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@jorgeartdirector24 wrote:

I want to know why my account is restricted Error Code: 70226?.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/limits-on-buyers.html

Message 3 of 3
latest reply