Why when you cancel a transaction it gives you a defect

Good evening.

A buyer asked me to cancel a item he bought (again a daughter who bidded without permission, I had approximately 6 in the past 2 weeks...incredible no ????) . I realized it gave me a defect in my performance appreciation.

Why is that because it was according to his demand and at the end, it's me who end up with a problem ?????

Thanking you in advance,

Happy New Year to you all,

Cheers,  

Youckoulele :-)))

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why when you cancel a transaction it gives you a defect

You would only get a defect if you pick the wrong reason for the cancellation!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello again and thank you ever so much for your respond, you answer to so many people, you are like a valued help line :-)))

I had chosen for a raison: the seller asked to cancel (and something wrong with the address was also linked with that choice). It seems there were only one option... So it was a bad chose of a raison right.

Tell me, are you sure that when people bid and decided not to buy (story of my life...) and I open an unpaid item case, it gives them a strike or anyways, it is recorded in their file ??? I also chose to block people with 5 UIC within 12 months & 4 violations cases within 6 months. I hope only serious buyers with knock at my door.

Bye for now,

Cheers, Youckoulele

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you clicked on the reason that the buyer wanted to cancel/problem with address then no, you shouldn't have gotten a defect. Are you sure the defect you have is for that transaction?  If it is for that one and it isn't automatically removed within the next week, you will have to phone ebay to get it removed.

Yes, it is supposed to be recorded in their file if you file an unpaid item strike.  At one time it was said that if they go too many strikes they would be banned from ebay but I don't know if that is true anymore. But even if they don't get banned, they will be blocked by some sellers.

As suggested before, it would be better to block buyers with 2 or more strikes within the last 12 months. 5 strikes is quite a few....do you want people with 4 recent strikes bidding on your items?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply