Why wont ebay log out anymore when you close it even if you have stay signed in unchecked? Win 10?

I signed in to my laptop with stay signed in unchecked and I go back to eBay 3 weeks later I don't need to sign in?

No remember password checked either.

What is worse I opened it one time at work and now the boss is placing orders through my account? It used to be that you close the page it signs you out automatically unless you check stay signed in but now there is zero security on eBay. Is this a new eBay issue or good old Windows 10 garbage?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why wont ebay log out anymore when you close it even if you have stay signed in unchecked? Win 10?

and now the boss is placing orders through my account?

Good Lord! Change your password immediately!

Where are his purchases being sent? Check your Paypal account and change that password too.

You might want to record the instances of your boss doing this and have a chat with HR.

I signed in to my laptop with stay signed in unchecked and I go back to eBay 3 weeks later I don't need to sign in?

I basically only use my home computer, but I have to sign in and use my passwords on dotCA.

But on dotCOM, where I sell about half my stuff, every account fills in the password automatically.

I use Macs exclusively at home.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I think it is some thing to do with Windows 10

I have also noticed this since upgrading to Windows 10

It didn't happen to me on eBay but it happened on several other sites such as Flickr , Yahoo Mail, facebook , just as three examples.

I have switched to the Firefox Browser and selected the options to delete all cookies and history upon closing the browser that has solved it for now.    

I also run ccleaner every day before shutting down I have selected all of the cleaning options except for wiping the free space.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply