Will opening a PayPal dispute give the seller a low DSR rating? Or do only the EBay cases affect sellers negatively?

I've purchased items from a seller like nearly a month ago. They never arrived so I've been in contact with the seller and they offered a refund. They did not refund and my EBay protection is running extremely soon. Will my PayPal protection still be there? Could I open a PayPal case to get more immediate results and use my protection now? I really don't want to hurt the seller and I want to trust the seller but this purchase was fairly large. I want to make sure I'm safe.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Will opening a PayPal dispute give the seller a low DSR rating? Or do only the EBay cases affect sellers negatively?

Hi s0uldrag0n..  Seller promised refund and didn't, open an item not received in the resolution center of your PP account. Always file no later than day 43 from payment.

Opening cases that seller resolves by refund have little impact on seller's performance standards.

If refunded , repay seller should the items show up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If you choose,you could mention that the seller promised a refund but never actually gave you the refund.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi s0uldrag0n..  Seller promised refund and didn't, open an item not received in the resolution center of your PP account. Always file no later than day 43 from payment.

Opening cases that seller resolves by refund have little impact on seller's performance standards.

If refunded , repay seller should the items show up.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If you choose,you could mention that the seller promised a refund but never actually gave you the refund.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I really don't want to hurt the seller and I want to trust the seller but this purchase was fairly large.

On the other hand the seller has not shipped a valuable item, has not sent a promised refund and basically has treated you like dirt.

As Shakespeare said "A man may smile and smile and be a villain."

File the Dispute, get your money back, leave calm and factual negative feedback and remember that the lowest Detailed Seller Rating is ONE star.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply