Will sellers be notified when yearly subscription runs out

I was hoping so as I plan on downgrading to basic .. Due to the promotions I feel basic will be the best option for me but just hope that subscription does not automatically renew ..

Anybody know this one

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hard to say what notification will be received, if at all... mainly because  the first yearly subscriptions have not rolled over as yet

To find out when the yearly subscription ends....

(1) In My eBay... click on the Account Tab

(2) Click on Subscriptions in this list

and the date when the yearly subscription ends is indicated......

Circle the date on your calendar....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm not positive, but it seems that when I first read about it, the store automatically renews.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It will renew automatically. For Quebec sellers (like me!) it will renew as a "month-to-month" subscription. I have an anchor store now and will probably renew the yearly contract (still not sure - maybe I will downgrade).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I'm not positive, but it seems that when I first read about it, the store automatically renews.

Yes, I'm certain the idea was that a store subscription would keep rolling over unless you specifically request a change or a cancellation.  I remember thinking at the time "Oh great, they'll raise the subscription rates at the next renewal date and then you're stuck for another year unless you want to lose even more money on penalties."  It reminds me of cell phone subscriptions, or those old video club memberships, where you get what you don't want unless you specifically remember to say no and send the card back -- what did they call those, reverse billing or some such thing?  They were a pain.

'brande' -- If you're thinking about downgrading, make sure you do it prior toyour actual annual renewal date, otherwise you'll be charged penalties for an entire year, and if I recall, those penalties weren't peanuts.  The penalties do go down in a sliding scale as you get closer to the end of each annual cycle, so Month #11 is a better time to make changes than Month #2 for example.  In other words, I would make the change at least a week or two before your actual renewal date, not on the renewal date itself, just in case. 

You should be able to check your specific renewal date in your "Account" information.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay help on store subscription fees

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html#subscription-terms

If you downgrade in the last month before renewal, then no penalties. The downgrade takes effect for the next month so you do not lose your current allotment of free listings.

I assume you got a yearly store on May 1st last year. So April you should be able to downgrade without penalty.

This is my understanding of the page. Read the page yourself and see if you get the same conclusions.

With eBay about to announce the 2014 Spring Seller Update, make sure you read and understand the new update before making your decision. I suspect changes to stores and free listings.

I would suggest that a store with monthly plan is better than a yearly plan because you can change at any time with out any penalties. It might be worth the small extra amount per month for the freedom to choose what store level you need each month.

eBay made having a store very difficult with all of the free promos. They undermine the value/advantage of have a store or a store level.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm on the month to month, although I didn't last year I plan to close my Store for two months this summer while I'm away battling bugs instead of buyers!

Just kidding, my buyers are 99.9% great, if only there were as many as bugs in the boreal.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply