5 REPLIES 5

'Winnipegers frustrated with mail mix ups and delays'

image.jpeg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Winnipegers frustrated with mail mix ups and delays

http://globalnews.ca/news/3119564/winnipegers-frustrated-with-mail-mix-ups-and-delays/

And, yet, I've had the opposite experience.  I couldn't be happier with Canada Post.

During the threatened work stoppage this past summer, I never missed a delivery as a receiver and all my parcels as a seller were delivered in accordance with CP's delivery standard.  This past week, with the big storm in Winnipeg, I got mail and parcels every day and within a half-hour of the usual delivery time.  I just now closed the door after accepting a parcel from Canada Post who have been delivering all weekend.

On the other hand, UPS was to have delivered a parcel with a couple of items I ordered last Tuesday.  As of Friday, their website didn't even have an update .... just some comment about adverse weather delaying the shipment.  Purolator was supposed to deliver last Wednesday .... no idea when they're coming.

After I spoke to the mailman today, I thought "good old Canada Post".

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree with you, actually. I'm not seeing any problems with Canada Post deliveries within Canada these days. I think those Winnipeggers quoted in the story must have an issue with their local district office. 

FedEx on the other hand stiffed me three times last week. My order was due Wednesday. I can see them blowing that delivery standard due to the snowstorm we had. Then it was scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Didn't come. Then Friday. Didn't come.Then still not delivered by Friday night, where tracking indicated it sat mysteriously 'on the truck for delivery' as if the guy was driving around all overnight without stopping, then it showed up with no warning Saturday afternoon, being delivered by a dude in a 1999 Dodge Neon. 

And even though I should know better, having painted myself into a corner during the summer this way too, I ordered a child's gift for next weekend from a mainstream online retailer last weekend. (Something specific that I don't already have here.) Usually, this retailer uses Canada Post except when it doesn't, it uses Purolator which is now showing me a delivery estimate of the day AFTER I need it for this birthday party. Grooooooan. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I made the mistake of taking advantage of a 30-day trial membership for Amazon Prime.  I buy a lot of things from them and where, at one time, they used UPS almost exclusively, they switched to Canada Post .... which I prefer.  I know when Canada Post is coming and if I'm not home, I can always pick it up at the postal outlet across the street.  With Prime, however, they guarantee 2-day delivery, which excludes Canada Post expedited.  So the first two orders were shipped express and are nowhere to be found ... one Purolator Express and the other UPS which, as I mentioned, are days late.

FedEx is pretty unreliable too.

Unless certain districts have a continuing problem with Canada Post deliveries, I wish that customers would exhibit a little more patience.  These guys/gals are ploughing through snowbanks and unshovelled sidewalks, not to mention at the busiest time fo the year.  I'm sure a lot of them are putting up with verbal abuse, which is sad.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The story makes me think the reporter lives right around there or has friends to whom this happened. 

I've worked in media, this is how a lot of issues are brought to light, man-on-the-street style. But they don't always reflect the way it is everywhere. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply