Women long evening dress

How do i return item for another size? do i hv to pay another import and shipping fees for another size? Looking forward for an early respond.

Shauna

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Women long evening dress

That would depend on a few factors. What is the ebay item number?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

rykkm
Community Member

Suggest you contact the seller. They may accept returns for a different size, but you would probably have to pay at least the return shipping. Still, only they know. If your item was purchased from Shirleys fashions, the listing was private, so no one here can see the listing unless you provide the item number.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

First ask the seller.

If she agrees, she may agree to pay return shipping, but I doubt if she would. If you return the dress, you must use a Confirmed Delivery service. If the payment was over $250 including postage , you must use Signature Confirmation.

You will be required to pay duty and tax on the replacement dress. However, you can (eventually) get the tax and duty you paid on the returned dress back from Canadian Border Services Agency by phoning the 1-800 number on the back of the customs form you got from the shipper. They will give you instructions about how to claim the refund.

When buying clothing on line, the dress size is meaningless. Especially if you are buying from Asia. India is not too bad but the Chinese cannot believe how big North Americans are. 

Only buy if you have actual measurements.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

"the Chinese cannot believe how big North Americans are. "

Russel Peters has a great routine about that, when he lost his bag visiting China...:)

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

@femmefan1946 wrote:

However, you can (eventually) get the tax and duty you paid on the returned dress back from Canadian Border Services Agency by phoning the 1-800 number on the back of the customs form you got from the shipper. They will give you instructions about how to claim the refund.

The OP doesn't say she had to pay taxes on her first purchase... or am I missing something?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

"do i hv to pay another import and shipping fees for another size?"

Looks like they did the first time, at least I read it that way. Only OP knows for sure, though.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

Oops, apoligies then! I guess I missed that part. Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Women long evening dress

lady.stark - Since many people read these postings, even though they do not comment, I often include information that is more general than the actual question.

Returns are a mystery to many buyers - which may be a Good Thing because it means that returns are rare- so the more information the better. Many people do not realize that goods returned outside Canada are eligible for a return on the tax and duty paid.

BTW- I enjoy your postings. You ask good questions clearly and have good advice.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply