Won two auctions from same seller,wouldn't respond to emails for combined shipping.

nbboy65
Community Member

New to this and have been buying and bidding on lots of hockey cards.The seller claims its 25 cents for combined shipping after first, but wouldn't send combined invoice.After 3 messages and no replies i finally pay for 1 of the auctions with full postage.3-4 days later,i dont want a bad name so, i pay for the second with full postage 3.75 and they immediately ship both cards.No message back nothing.Am i missing something.2 Auctions won both items sent at same time 3.75 x 2 for postage.I know what some will say that i should have waited for final invoice.5 days no response.New to this and didnt want problem with ebay.Its funny how he immediately sends the cards out with no response the minute i pay for second bid.**bleep**.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Won two auctions from same seller,wouldn't respond to emails for combined shipping.

I'd start by asking the seller to refund you the excess postage of $3.50. Politely.

If that does no good, you may be able to open a Dispute for Not As Described on the basis that the shipping that was stated (second item 25 cents) was not honoured.

Just in case, did that shipping discount apply to all shipping including Canada?

If the Dispute fails, you can still leave appropriate feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.  "Did not honour shipping discount  on multiple purchase" for example.

As a side note, is $3,75 a normal amount for shipping single cards? I sell stamps on another ID and I can send up to 30 grams for 85 cents domestically and for $1.20 to the USA.

I don't think $3,75 would give the seller Confirmation of Delivery, which would be much more for a Canadian buyer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the feedback.Im in Canada and the seller is from Canada and the bids are Canadian funds.I won both bids within 30 minutes apart and this is from his Ebay.Not sure at this point if i will do anything besides not ever buy anything from them again.I guess i learned something,not sure what yet.Thanks again.

"ALL CARDS ARE SHIPPED IN BUBBLE ENVELOPES THROUGH REGULAR MAIL.
.25 cents FOR ADDITIONAL CARDS PURCHASED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF FIRST ITEM WIN
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED OR LOST ITEMS"
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the feedback.Im in Canada and the seller is from Canada and the bids are Canadian funds.I won both bids within 30 minutes apart and this is from his Ebay.Not sure at this point if i will do anything besides not ever buy anything from them again.I guess i learned something,not sure what yet.Thanks again.

"ALL CARDS ARE SHIPPED IN BUBBLE ENVELOPES THROUGH REGULAR MAIL.
.25 cents FOR ADDITIONAL CARDS PURCHASED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF FIRST ITEM WIN
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED OR LOST ITEMS"

No stiffener or plastic case either? Those could add to the weight and thus the cost of shipping.
Bubble envelopes are such a swiz.
Put a piece of cardboard in a bubble envelope. Now bend it in half.
Not useful protection.

Well, if you complete the transaction-- appropriate feedback.

I mean they’re not protecting the goods. If they were, they wouldn’t be letting people past them.  -- Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Message 4 of 4
latest reply