Would you ship airmail for $11.75 or Expedited-USA for between $12 and $15 ?

aabros
Community Member
I have a big dilemma here and I really hope you can help me out here.

I was wondering if I should ship all my jerseys (all under 1kg but some valued up to $150 USD) airmail for $11.75 or Expedited-USA for between $12 and $15 ?

I need to see the delivery standards, and which one is "faster" and "safer".

I have had more than 5 cases of delayed or "lost" or "not received" parcels since Dec. 1st.

Thanks for your help guys
Anthony
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Would you ship airmail for $11.75 or Expedited-USA for between $12 and $15 ?

ospreylinks
Community Member
I had a claim not on an expedited item with tracking number, but I never request signatures.... the person handling the claim said I should be requesting signatures, to which I replied, if it is a requirement for insurance (which it is not) then it should be automatic like UPS or others, and not an add on with an add-on charge.

I have had to supply invoices, they have contacted consignees, I have had claims paid where they have paid for the goods, but not refunded for the postage paid....I have had a couple of claims handled extremely fast and a couple that took months to resolve.

Seems it just depends on the claims clerk assigned to your claim will determine how it is handled.

Jeff
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Re: Would you ship airmail for $11.75 or Expedited-USA for between $12 and $15 ?

aabros
Community Member
Ben;

Yes we did file 3 or 4 claims in late January, for parcels shipped in early December, still not received (as of today, Feb 15th).

You have been lucky - that's great! B-)

Anthony
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
That should read "on an expedited item with tracking number"

Jeff
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
You cannot have a signature option for expedited USA parcels, but you can have one for an extra $1 or something within Canada...
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

akide
Community Member
thanks for the replies.. great to hear that there has been success with claims..
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
There has definately been.
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Re post 23... yes I know, but why should I pay an extra $1.00 for signature....

Jeff
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
26: I don't know why! It's a crazy surcharge. UPS wants $2.20 CDN per parcel for a signature. I offer it free of charge to my customer and I charge $14.99 USD for shipping, insure, signature required and tracking # emailed.
Message 28 of 28
latest reply