Yet another MAJOR site issue!

jeffglobal
Community Member
Another MAJOR site issue -- I checked out my items under "my eBay" this morning and was amazed to find several items that recently had eBay "Best Offers" submitted....

I was amazed, because I never received ANY emails alerting me of these pending offers!

Furthermore, after checking a few hours later, they are no longer showing in "my eBay", as if the offers never existed! However, when going into the individual listings, the offers are still there! The prospective buyers never retracted them, yet if I didn't know any better I would think they didn't exist!

Why are emails no longer coming through advising of the offers (prospectively costing me sales that I wasn't aware of), and why wouldn't they show in "my eBay?" Need I now have to manually search over 700 listings to see if somebody sent in a "Best Offer" today ??????
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

jeffglobal
Community Member
Thanks Miriam, I appreciate the info.

I want to get back to selling as quickly as possible too! I understand the concern will not be at the top of eBay's priority list, however speaking dollars and cents-wise, consider this....

If I'm not accepting Best Offers because I'm not aware that they existed (ie. no mention in My eBay and no notification emails coming through), this equals no FVF for eBay to collect (nevermind the fact that I haven't profited a nickel either). Times my situation by the prospective # of sellers that could be affected (most probably without even knowing they're affected!) and you've got a hit to eBay's gross profit.

It's lose / lose for both the seller and eBay, and there's no way to calculate for sure just how much is being lost....
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

dipmicro, your input into this is appreciated coming from a developer.
there are 2 points that some are missing totally.
1) Not all users are technical enough to work with bugs or report them.(no insult intended) There are tech people out there & just plain users.
2) Not all computers are identical. Some run different versions of the same software usually because they are familiar with it or they have just not updated to newer versions. Different O/S software (Windows XX or Vista, one of many unix programs). Different browser software ( is this bug effecting Windows? Firefox?) Firewall software, Anti-virus, Ad blockers, Malware, pop-up blockers all make the systems different. Personal settings in software programs may make each other "Not Play Nice Together".
I may have all my settings for intrusion software set to PARANOID where the more technical developers may only use CAUTIOUS. I can take an empty box add the components, LOAD software & end up with a working computer, but does that make me a developer? NOT! Asking me to use a beta version to find & report bugs is like putting me in a plastic bubble & telling me to swat the flies on the outside. I would prefer to use a final release than a beta version.
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

eBay is saddled with over paid twenty something wanna be software engineers stemming from the competitive nature of acquiring personel over the past decade.

When you offer people money to come work for you for high wages, they tend to forget about completing their coarses and getting the degree.

Unfortunately, it's mostly HTML or variants there of, which has zero discipline in the courses to start with. Add to that the absence of product assurance on eBays part, and you have a nice collection of poorly trained monkeys.

We're all very lucky that the software works at all after 10 years of screwing the code base over, so the less the HTML wennies do the better ]:)

I would recommend that one not complain about the software because the brain trust is escentially incompetant and for every problem they fix, they create 3 more... eventually that will become an exponential problem and they will just have to throw it all in the river and start over.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
Guess somebody at eBay "fixed" a problem somewhere, because another new one has suddenly been created.....

When an auction ends and an item has not sold, I receive a confirmation email from eBay suggesting that I relist the item, complete with a link to do so.

That has not changed,....however, when clicking the link within the email to relist, I instead get a page advising me that my item # is invalid, followed by "Tips for Relisting."

I understand that we're only being asked to give the Beta version a try at this time, but it certainly seems that we're being forced to completely convert over to the new system. If we're not satisfied with that product, the original is beginning to look less and less like an option to go back to as eBay has clearly begun the process of killing it off. If these new "bugs / glitches" (as they've been referred to) will not be on eBay's radar to tend to anytime soon, do my options simply remain to A) use the Beta, or B) move my business away from eBay?? I can't accept that (and won't), but sure seems like the message. Was the "original" so broken that they had to tinker with it in the first place, thus causing all these new glitches? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! With that said, I've now identified several significant breaks -- it would be nice to see that eBay gives a crap and finds solutions to impactful problems that didn't exist just recently.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
Here's another new one that I can't explain.....

I just purchased an item on eBay, and sent PayPal payment immediately. Payment went through, no problems at all.

Just received an email (a few minutes after confirmation of the transaction going through) from eBay with the subject: "Action Required: Your payment needs to be resent."

The message reads as follows:

"Hi jeffglobal,
Sorry, your recent PayPal payment did not go through. As a result, the item(s) below have not received payment.Please return to eBay to resubmit your payment again."

When I log into my eBay account, it still shows that the payment WAS sent.

When I log into my PayPal account, the $ has been taken!!

What exactly am I to do here? As a seller, the system is riddled with issues. Now as a buyer I'm left just as confused.

I've been a member of eBay since 2002. Never in my time has things ever been this bad. It's pathetic. Why do we continue to be tormented with this crappy service?? Better question....why do I continue putting up with it?

Miriam: I'm being forced yet another step closer to closing up shop. I don't know if these "changes" are coming from the top down, but your IT department continues to cause havoc for me, now as a seller AND a buyer.

Where's the traffic to the site??

Where's the fun?
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

There are scads of erroneous messages on and from eBay.

How about the one attached to messages that says:

"abc user has bid on 0 of your items."

...and I know full well that they have bid on 3 or four or many or whatever.

Or the times that a Paypal payment is made - but doesn't show on the selling manager.

and numerous other glitches pointed out on an almost daily basis...

One sort of has to determine what is the foolproof way of getting the info you need every day and then go through and double check most things...
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I can certainly understand the frustration of using the Beta for My Ebay. I was one of the people that really wanted to try and was excited when I was finally able to. My excitement didn't last long and I soon went back to the Classic.

But you might think about using the Beta just to check the "Best Offers Submitted", then back again to do everything else you do. You can go back and forth however many times you want. I know this isn't the fix you'd like, but in the mean time it's a fix. Saving you from checking 700 listings every day.

I've worked for American Express for the last 7 years and believe me we have gone through tons of changes. Some of them extremely painful. This is nothing compared to that but I realize this is your bread and butter. But it was for us too. When it can take 5 minutes to load a page and we have a 3 minute average handle time for every call. Or the systems completely shutting down and have card members yell & swear. Mainly it happened on Mondays, our busiest days. Thank fully they have most of those bugs fixed now. But then 2 years ago decided to move most accounts from Legacy to Triumph, another nightmare. But we have worked through all those problems now for the most part. But I'm sure they'll decide to change something else and we'll have problems again. Like recped said "it's not acceptable but normal", nothing could be truer.

I am sorry you are so frustrated and hope it gets solved soon for you. And I agree at times most of us feel overwhelmed by all the changes this year. For me I really don't know any different as I've only been selling 9 months. So this is the NORM for me...lol.
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Recped
Again, thanks so much for the info & the help about Blackthorne Pro. I switched to it a few days later, and I'm so addicted to it. I can't believe all it can do. It's really an amazing program. I got rid of Turbo Lister after about a week. Luckliy I can still use Selling Manager Pro when I get a bit confused and unsure. Every once in awhile I want to down load Turbo again cuz I knew that one inside out and new what to do very quickly. BT Pro takes me a bit to figure out sometimes, but has been really worth it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can schedule for free , which I never used before and never thought I would want to. Now I do mostly scheduled listing. FREE!!

Anyways Thanks Again!
Colleen:-D
Message 28 of 28
latest reply