Yet another US customer trashing my DSRs.

<p>I just had another US customer trash my DSRs because, as he put it: &nbsp;"he could have mailed a package that size for $2.00 and it would have arrived in 4 days or less".&nbsp;</p>
<p>I am the west coast of Canada. He is in Maine. The small packet air (Canada Post's cheapest option for a package that size and the option/cost he agreed to when he bought the item) was clearly listed in the ad, as was my location. That shipping cost was shown on the package. The package arrived to him on the other side of the continent, in another country (which meant a stay in customs) in just two weeks. Yet he gave me 1 star in every category and berated my "shipping practices" in a private message and in my feedback. He is a seller as well, and judging from his reaction to someone's negative comment in his own selling feedback, he is fully aware of how low DSRs can affect a seller.</p>
<p>This has happened several times in the last few months. My DSRs are now down from 5 to 4.8, so I am expecting some sort of eBay sanction soon.&nbsp;</p>
<p>I don't want to put one of those 'if you don't like the shipping costs, don't buy from me' diatribes in my listings as it tends to appear confrontational. I have tried raising my prices and offering free shipping in the past and my sales tanked badly.</p>
<p>How do other Canadian sellers handle this issue? Is there any recourse if you can actually prove the low ratings were unfairly given?</p>
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Yet another US customer trashing my DSRs.

While you're correct that the overall seller DSR number is no longer evaluated as it stands, unless I've missed a major change to the defect system, there are two DSRs that are included in seller evaluation.  As I'm sure you know, these are "Item as Described" and "Shipping Time".  

If a seller receives a 1,2, or 3 for Item as Described, or a 1-star rating for shipping time, a defect will result.  So DSRs are still tied to the defect system in this sense, and are something sellers need to be concerned about. 

Yes, I'm quite aware of that which is why I explained that to the OP in post 14.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply