You win but item never gets shipped so seller can just refund you,because buyer got too good a deal

luluw61
Community Member

Has anyone else been having this problem? I buy beads from china and never get the shipment because I won it for such a good price.  So seller never ships item and I let them know I would still like the item and they just refund instead. Are they not obligated to uphold the sale?  they have many re-listings of the same product.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You win but item never gets shipped so seller can just refund you,because buyer got too good a deal

When a seller does this can you leave feedback?

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Would not ship for advertised price. Refunded." for example.

At the same time you would be asked to leave the much more important Detailed Seller Ratings.

A normal satisfactory transaction gets Five Stars in each category.

The lowest Rating is ONE STAR.

No stars is a free pass.

EBay pays more attention to DSRs than to feedback.

Also, before buying, read the seller's feedback and click on the negative and neutral numbers.

If there is a pattern of complaints about cancellations, do not bid.

Remember that 98% is not very good at all, and 97% is very poor.

But a seller with 300 sales and one neg, is a worse seller than one with 30000 sales and 10 negs.

Also instead of auctions, buy from sellers offering Fixed Price listings. Those sellers already know what price they want and have told you what it is.

No surprises for either party.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply